One of the worst experiences I've ever booked with hotel tonight. Thank goodness I know what good this app can do- if this was my first experience I would have deleted the app. We got a free upgrade from king to a junior suite- what a disaster. The bathroom had smears of something in the shower, and we had to call room service to get it cleaned. The floors were slanted, bumpy and uneven (making it difficult in heels) and at night we found out two of the lights didn't work. Also, we found cigarette burns on the right side of the comforter on the bed- disgusting and appalling for a non smoking room. We had to get those replaced too. The room was a decent size, and the location is great, but the quality was on par, or perhaps even below a motel 6. Kalutos is the restaurant right next door, and had pretty good reviews so we thought wed try it out. BIIIG mistake. What we ordered was disgusting, although i cant speak for others. The calamari was just plain, cheesecake factory wouldve been better by miles, and both pastas we ordered, linguini and crab, were groos. Edible yea, but way overly salted without flavor, or perhaps even proper cooking. At least they were edible. Since we disnt finish our dinners, later that night we ordered room service for the salami plate. They warned us it may take around 20 mins, which was fine. 30 mins rolls by. 40 mins. We end up calling to inquire and apparently its still on it way. An hour since our order, we call again. Finally an hour and 15 mins after our initial order was placed it arrived. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT- finishing our dinner would have been better as this was completely inedible. The salami was fair, but it was literally thrown in a plate with two rounds of in the package babybel cheese and two pieces of borderline stale bread. And it cost us 25$. An absolutely miserable experience. The staff was probably the best part, since they were very kind, but not helpful. They wouldn't refund us, or let us change rooms. What a disaster. I'm shocked others have had such a good experience! My only advice is check it out before you stay there and DONT get room 523.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection San Francisco
- Hotel Florence Larkspur Collection
- Villa Florence San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Bellissima. A taste of Italy in the heart of Union Square. The Villa Florence embodies the feel of a modern Italian urban villa, providing warm, exceptional service and charming accommodations to its guests. With its fusion of eclectic European flair and metropolitan energy, the Villa Florence is authentically furnished and is ideally located in the epicenter of San Francisco – steps from Union Square. The hotel offers personalized experiences tailored to guest’s individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, to a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program. Additionally, as part of the JRK Hotel Group, the hotel offers signature brand elements, including CO Bigelow bath and body products, high-tech efficiencies and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. While visiting the Villa Florence, guests can dine casually at Bar Norcini, located within the hotel. It’s an intimate wine bar and from the decor to the wonderful selection of wines, charcuterie and cheeses, Bar Norcini celebrates the flavors and traditions of Italy. Just next door, adjacent to the lobby, you'll find Kuleto's Italian Restaurant, a San Francisco institution for locals and visitors alike for over twenty years, serves exquisite Northern Italian cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Otel, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Villa Florence, A JRK Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.