My friend and I stayed here from a Sunday-Tuesday to attend a concert at the Palace of Fine Arts. It was the perfect location for us, as we could walk to both the concert venue and the Presidio (Walt Disney Family Museum) in a matter of 15-20 minutes. We did not rent a car, so this was important to us. The room was small but clean, but the beds were large and very comfy. Very narrow room in between the bed and the bathroom, as well as the TV table. But it didn't bother us too much. WiFi was dependable & free, except for the last day we stayed, where there was an outage when we wanted to print up airport boarding passes. Most likely was a provider issue, so I don't blame the motel.
The hotel was within walking distance to some amazing restaurants on Chestnut Street, including Blackwood, an Asian fusion restaurant which surprisingly has amazing brunch fare, including "Millionaire's Bacon." (Just order it. So dang good!) We also enjoyed a French bakery called La PanotiQ (best croissants).
Finally, what other reviewers said are true - the front desk employees were super friendly, helpful, and chatty. Despite the very basic free continental breakfast (not inspiring, but it's free!), we would stay here again in a heartbeat. If you are on a budget in SF, this is the place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our Rooms feature: Free Reliable High Speed Wireless Internet Access, Refrigerator, New Flat Screen LCD TV with Cable and HBO, Alarm Clock with MP3 Player, In-room Coffee, Hairdryer, and free access to a business center with a printer from 7AM to 7PM. We are pet friendly, $20/Pet/Day cleaning fee. We are a 100% non smoking, AAA approved hotel with free limited parking. The Palace of Fine Arts and Exploratorium are just four block's walk away. Our location is especially good for touring the city while remaining quiet. We are near 5 bus lines which can transport you all over the city. The staff here was either born in the city or has lived her long enough to help you navigate the well and not so well known parts of San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your San Francisco at The Presidio Travelodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco At The Presidio Travelodge Hotel San Francisco
- Travelodge San Francisco
- Travel Lodge San Francisco
- San Francisco Travelodge
- San Francisco Travel Lodge