If you are looking for a hotel that is sumptuous, luxurious and 5 star, then don’t look here!! There are no elevators / escalators fyi.
If you want the friendliest staff we have ever encountered, a nice clean well appointed room, a very, very comfortable bed and an excellent shower, this is the one for you.
Did I mention location, location, location? No?? Its in a fantastic location. Its right next to the Presidio at Lyon Street at Lombard Street.
It has free parking with several additional dedicated spaces around the corner (1 min walk tops). The car park is small and has a handicap space for appropriately badged vehicles / users. Only once did we park on the street because we did not know about the additional spaces, all you have to do is ask staff.
It has free wifi and a very modest breakfast selection.
We loved this place having stayed downtown on two previous visits, but never again.
We saw parking charges at 41$ and 31$ a day!!! That’s not a typo!!!!
There are several eateries next door / nearby. Chestnut Street has fabulous shops and markets, iHop is on Lombard. There are several bus terminus nearby if you cant be bothered driving into San Fran. The street parking in San Fran is diabolical at best. We found this the most frustrating thing during the 6 days. Raymond at Travelodge knows how to navigate around on public transport and is very willing to assist you. Thanks Raymond!! We used public transport to get to the 49rs game v Detroit Lions! GO NINERS!! Super Bowl here we come!!!!
It was quiet in the evening and at night. My only criticism is the modest breakfast and this is not shared by Running Water who reckons basic was enough to kick start the day. Perhaps she is right – again lol.
We highly recommend this hotel / motel ,we have paid a lot more and been much less satisfied. We booked it as a result of recommendations on Tripadvisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our Rooms feature: Free Reliable High Speed Wireless Internet Access, Refrigerator, New Flat Screen LCD TV with Cable and HBO, Alarm Clock with MP3 Player, In-room Coffee, Hairdryer, and free access to a business center with a printer from 7AM to 7PM. We are pet friendly, $20/Pet/Day cleaning fee. We are a 100% non smoking, AAA approved hotel with free limited parking. The Palace of Fine Arts and Exploratorium are just four block's walk away. Our location is especially good for touring the city while remaining quiet. We are near 5 bus lines which can transport you all over the city. The staff here was either born in the city or has lived her long enough to help you navigate the well and not so well known parts of San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your San Francisco at The Presidio Travelodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco At The Presidio Travelodge Hotel San Francisco
- Travelodge San Francisco
- Travel Lodge San Francisco
- San Francisco Travelodge
- San Francisco Travel Lodge