We stayed at at this travel lodge for 3 nights in mid-October. We really enjoyed our stay here and would highly recommend it. The customer service is outstanding. We have never received such amazing customer service from any of the other places we have stayed at (including much more expensive hotels). Raymond and Bruce were amazingly helpful in helping us find bus routes, and making recommendations about places to see and to eat. We really enjoyed chatting to them. They made us feel so comfortable, and made our stay in San Francisco really enjoyable. On our first day, they let us check in early as they had rooms available. It was wonderful to drop our things off in the room, return our rental car and explore the city.
The hotel is very close to bus stations and well located for bus routes. We also easily walked to the exploratorium from the hotel. While we were at the hotel, we easily travelled to Golden Gate park, and Fisherman's Wharf. The hotel is in a quiet part of Lombard street - we were not bothered by traffic noise and slept well. It is in a safe neighbourhood.
The newly decorated rooms were a little small but they were clean and very comfortable. The queen sized beds were great. We managed just fine with our family of 4.
My children really enjoyed the afternoon cookies everyday in the lobby, and the stand along business computer. Breakfast was adequate. Cereals, muffins, croissants, orange juice. We were really pleased about not having to buy breakfast for our family everyday.
The room rates were very good too. We are so pleased that we chose to stay here rather than at a much more expensive hotel at Fisherman's wharf.
We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our Rooms feature: Free Reliable High Speed Wireless Internet Access, Refrigerator, New Flat Screen LCD TV with Cable and HBO, Alarm Clock with MP3 Player, In-room Coffee, Hairdryer, and free access to a business center with a printer from 7AM to 7PM. We are pet friendly, $20/Pet/Day cleaning fee. We are a 100% non smoking, AAA approved hotel with free limited parking. The Palace of Fine Arts and Exploratorium are just four block's walk away. Our location is especially good for touring the city while remaining quiet. We are near 5 bus lines which can transport you all over the city. The staff here was either born in the city or has lived her long enough to help you navigate the well and not so well known parts of San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your San Francisco at The Presidio Travelodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco At The Presidio Travelodge Hotel San Francisco
- Travelodge San Francisco
- Travel Lodge San Francisco
- San Francisco Travelodge
- San Francisco Travel Lodge