“Great staff, quiet location, close to Presidio and Marina” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Francisco at The Presidio Travelodge

You added San Francisco at The Presidio Travelodge to your Saves list
San Francisco at The Presidio Travelodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2755 Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA 94123 (Marina District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #51 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
San Francisco, California
“Great staff, quiet location, close to Presidio and Marina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

I stayed here back in October 2010 for about 10 days while settling into SF for a relocation. The staff, Nicky and Tyler were friendly and helpful while I stayed there. There was an issue with noise in the room beside me and they were quick and efficient about finding me a quieter room. And when i finally left for my trip, they stored some luggage for me until I got back to move into my apartment. I have owed them a review since then and have been too busy to figure out this darned tripadvisor. But now it's done. If you need a budget business travel hotel that's close to the Marina but away from the main traffic noise, stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
TLPresidio, General Manager at San Francisco at The Presidio Travelodge, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
We were happy to help you during the transition. Thank you for writing us a review. We always work quickly to satisfy all guest's needs and I'm glad we were able to find you another quieter room. If you ever have family or friends visit you know where to send them ;).

Travelodge at the Presidio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Hermosa Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

This place is in the middle of the golden gate bridge and fisherman's warf. You can walk to both places and ride the trolley cars.. The staff was so amazing and helpful and even let us park our car behind the hotel after we checked out, which if you have ever been to San Francisco was a really big help! I cannot say enough about Nicky besides give her a raise! The most helpful person regarding where to go and if she didn't know, she told us that. My dad and I did a two day adventure and saw everything we needed to! Thank you! We will be back! Hotel was clean and had everything we needed.

• Stayed March 2011
Thank you for writing a review for us. Our location is excellent for touring San Francisco. While on Lombard Street we are on a very quiet section near to many attractions. I'm glad the staff was so helpful, and yes, Nicky does ROCK! She has a very intimate knowledge of the city since she was born and raised here. We look forward to having you again and really appreciate you spreading the good word about our hotel :).

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I read the reviews of the hotel here before I made my reservation and I'm glad I did. This hotel has a great location a couple of blocks of muni and exploratorium. The room was clean and and had all I needed, the bed was realy comfy and the space was reasonable.
There was a coffee maker wich I was thankful for, specially after a long and rainy day.
But the staff was the best thing there, they were more than helpful with tips, directions and recomendations of stuff to do. Thanks so much to Bruce, Nicky and Tyler for all their help to make my visit a success.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
TLPresidio, General Manager at San Francisco at The Presidio Travelodge, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Hey! Thank you for writing a review. It was a pleasure to help you while you were visiting. We just got the new one-cup coffee makers in each room, we are glad you liked it. The Exploratorium is sooo close to us, only 6 blocks. It is very accessible for the events that take place there all the time. We were all happy to see our names in your review and hope to see you again soon.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

We picked this hotel purely on the basis of what had been written here...which is a mistake I will not make again. These review greatly exaggerate the friendliness of the staff at this hotel with the exception of Nicolette who was lovely. We felt in general we were a nuisance if we went to the front desk to ask questions. We booked for 3 nights but found on night 2 we wanted to leave the area and move on, at breakfast we told Raymond of our intention to check out early and we were told we would not be billed for the third night, which was generous as we were not within the 24 hours cancellation period and our receipt ....having said that all 3 nights came off my card!!!!! By the time I found out we had already checked and paid into another hotel thinking we could afford it as our Presidio bill had been reduced. The thing that really got me was that if I had been told I had to pay for the third night I would have mentally deducted that amount and been satisfied to pay it as it was our choice to leave early. All in all we will not be returning to this hotel and we will definitely not be recommending it as one of the places to stay in SanFrancisco based on the customer service we received.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
I apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. Our staff works very hard to help each guest and I am sorry we were not accommodating. We do have a strict 24 hour cancellation policy however if the situation requires, each employee can make a decision to waive this fee. If you would be so kind to contact me (0043@whg.com) I would be happy to reverse our mistake of charging you the third night. You indicated you slept well and enjoyed the location. I hope you give us a chance to make amends.

Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

Trip Advisor reviews led us to this location and we are pleased to pass along the praise!
Our intent was to visit the Walt Disney Family Museum, located at the Presidio, and this motel is situated very near the Lombard Gate entrance. For access to the downtown and waterfront sights, we used a MUNI passport and rode the #30 bus everywhere we needed to go, about a 15-20 minute ride to Fisherman's Wharf. Our room was basic and a little on the small side for 3 adults, but was clean and comfortable. This appears to be an older property, but it is well maintained and a good value overall.
Have to hand out kudos to Bruce at the front desk, who was more than helpful to us throughout our stay. He arranged a terrific city tour for us, as well as answered a myriad of questions very patiently. Based on his performance, as well as other reviews about helpful staff, it is clear this Travelodge pays attention to customer service.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the praise. We are happy you found us and are encouraging others to stay here. The Walt Disney Family museum opened around October of 2009 in the Presidio. It offers a great look at the life of the man behind the brand, Walt himself. Getting around to see other parts of the city could not be easier from our quiet location. Bruce was excited to see his name in your review. He, as well as the rest of the staff, has lived or worked in The City for sometime now and can offer "off the beaten path" recommendations to enhance every guest's stay. Thank you again.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

Grohe fixtures in the john. VERY clean comfortable rooms.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review. We did have a bathroom remodel in January 2010 which included Grohe fixtures, granite counter-tops, tiled floors, and new bathroom amenities. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Westwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel for years on our trips to San Francisco. The rooms have been remodeled. The staff is friendly and helpful. It's conveniently located near bus stops at the gate of the Presidio. It's clean and the parking and internet are free. It's nothing fancy, but fits our needs perfectly.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your consistent repeat business. We are so happy to hear about guests who can witness our improvement over the years. We do have five different buses in our area which can get you all around the city. Thank you for your business and your review. Looking forward to your next trip!