“Great Location Free Parking Included” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #153 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
“Great Location Free Parking Included”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Loved the area we stayed in... Great shops and food located literally behind the hotel. Room is older then expected, but you can tell they are upgrading. Comfortable stay. Good spot to stay at if you only will be using room just for sleep ! We arrived 4 hours before check in, they wouldn't let us check in due to rooms being cleaned, but they did allow us to park there in the meantime. Which saved us $ and time. I would recommend anyone to stay especially if you plan on being in Fisherman Wharf. 25 min walk, not too bad.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
sacramento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The Facts: 1. NO HEAT 2. TOO NOISY TO SLEEP 3. GARBAGE LEFT IN ROOM 4. NO ICE 5. STRUCTURE IS SAGGING AND DANGEROUS 6. FILTH ON FLOOR AND BEDSPREAD 7. STORAGE OF OLD TVs IN ROOM 8. TRASH STORED IN HALLWAYS 9. NO BREAKFAST 10. VERY SLOW CHECK IN 11. RUDE STAFF WEARING DIRTY CLOTHES THAT WON'T CORRECT PROBLEMS.

These are just the facts, not my opinion. The location does not make up for these serious safety problems. I am surprised that hotels can rent rooms without heat. The noise is the sweeky boards of people walking above you. There was no ice because the machine is broken. The filth was so bad, we were afraid to sit on the bed. I had to step over an old TV that was in the hallway--fire code violations. There is garbage pilled up in the parking lot.

Room Tip: Too many problems, just find another hotel in the same area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This place is cheap, clean and has free parking. Our room was quiet and large enough to not feel cramped. Nothing special but what do you expect for the price?

I would recommend this motel to any body looking for accommodation in this price range and location.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dinas Mawddwy, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I can't fault the staff. I was very happy with them, they were helpful and assisted me when I needed it. Sadly the room was pretty gross. The first thing was the pissy smell to it, which the air freshener they'd used didn't hide at all. It was just worn and tatty, there were black marks up the toilet door (someone kicking it shut?). My bath towel even had a hole in it.... I mean, what has someone been doing to it to put a hole in it?! And why use it for new guests... The neighbours were noisy and kept me awake past 2am (I had to leave before 7am to catch my flight), plus I heard a fight at one point. I don't mind staying in the odd grotty place (it was only for one night) but for the price I wish I'd skipped it and stayed somewhere else if I'm honest. Not value for money. Good location though, and if you're a young party goer, I'm sure you can over look the room as you will be out all night (as my neighbours can testify too!!). I just wouldn't recommend it for anyone looking for a clean, quiet room.....

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The room smelled like wet dog and The bathroom smelled same .Very bad experience!!!The front desk staff try to argue with me and yell at me when I try to complaint about that to him . Very loud from outside traffic. Our TV never worked right, I never come here again.

Stayed June 2014
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I asked for a quiet room and could not have been more pleased. Lombard St can be a little busy but great restaurants are so close. Not 5 stars but if you want to enjoy San Fran and want clean comfortable and close to every thing than this is the place for you. The front desk staff are gold

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

San Fran is not a cheap place to stay. We stayed here for one night due to its good location and cheap price. It's what you'd expect from a budget motel. The bed was clean but the room was very basic and the carpet and some fittings looked old and tired. Can't say I enjoyed my stay but it was a bed in a good location. Other plus points are the free parking and friendly staff. If you want luxury look elsewhere (and pay much more). If you're happy to rough it for a night you'll get an excellent location, free parking and a reasonable nights sleep. You get what you pay for and at the price I paid I can't complain.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Golden Gate San Francisco? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Golden Gate San Francisco

Address: 2230 Lombard Street, Hwy. 101 at Steiner Street, San Francisco, CA 94123
Location: United States > California > San Francisco
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #153 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Travelodge Golden Gate San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Golden Gate San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
Travel Lodge San Francisco
Travelodge San Francisco
San Francisco Travelodge
San Francisco Travel Lodge

If you own or manage Travelodge Golden Gate San Francisco, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.