As someone who stays at the Wharf inn twice a year for the last 7 years, here is some advice. Always call the hotel and ask what you are booking. This should apply to any hotel. Not just this one. We try to get a different room each time we stay. Each one is slightly different. We asked Steve at the front desk how many have couches. the answer is 8. Not including the Penthouse.
We started staying for the free parking and kept coming back because 1. Its Basic. We don't pay for all of the extras as we do at other places.
2. The staff is great. They treat us like friends and not just someone who is staying there. Then again, if you walk in without attitude...
3. We have very few complaints. I think.one ever.
If you want Basic, free parking this is it. If you are the type of person who wants to be cheap and expect full service then don't stay here.
If you are the type of person who wants a place to sleep in a comfy bed with Free parking and no Frills, then Stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wharf Inn is an independent 51 room hotel with 50 guest rooms and 1 Penthouse Suite built in 1959 located in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco's most tourist-friendly neighborhood. We are steps away from Pier 39, cable car terminals and Alcatraz boats. Walk to world-famous restaurants, browse through colorful shops at historic Ghirardelli Square and the Cannery, ride cable cars and street cars to North Beach, Chinatown, and the Union Square shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your The Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Wharf Inn San Francisco