“Nice Hotel Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square

You added The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square to your Saves list
The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   335 Powell Street, Union Square, San Francisco, CA 94103 (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Cable Car Package!
Ranked #81 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Felton, California
“Nice Hotel Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went here for an overnight in San Francisco. Hotel has very nice public areas. The room was nice but not spectacular. A couple things were a disappointment. There was a black scuff mark on the wall next to the bed and the carpet didn't seem as clean as we would have liked. Neither of these was a big deal except considering the price we paid. It would have been nice to have a room a little closer to perfect. Now for the good/great... The staff was outstandingly nice, the location couldn't be more perfect, view from the room was postcard great, and as I said the public areas are beautiful. I did not use the concierge services but noticed as I walked by many people were getting what appeared to be very good service. I'd recommend staying in the tower if great views of the City are desired. The glass elevators are fun too.

Room Tip: Higher floor room in the tower facing toward Coit Tower is a great view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Westin_St_Francis, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our Union Square location and found our staff outstandingly nice. I am disappointed, however, that you were not completely satisfied with your guest room. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (761)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed with my wife and we both had business in SFO. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is friendly. The room size was ample and nice.

The first night my bed had short sheets and my feet touched the pad under neath. As a light sleeper I was not happy. I had the same problem in another California hotel, so I think that they hired the guy that the other place fired. How do you not make bed properly in a hotel? We also placed a breakfast order the night before for as soon as the kitchen opened and were told we can get it at 6am sharp. It never came and we made a call and they did not have the order. It was very frustrating as we early morning commitments. The bath tub drained very slowly and the bathroom door was sticky.

We called the manager and to make a long story short, they took care of the problems and us.

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was my first visit at this hotel which i have on every visit to the city been looking at from the outside. The location and priviledge to be at the center of it all is simply AMAZING. If you have a few days to stay in town adn need to be in the place where from you will shop, visit sighseeings and experience San Francisco then this is THE hotel to be at. If you have been in the city before and are back for another visit and need to be in a great place then again... this is THE hotel to be at.
Staff are extremely accommodating and the hotel itself although it shows some signs of its age is historical, comfortable and has all the ammenities and facilities you may ask for.
I was in room 1029 with a view of the square, very comfortable in size with a great bed, nice bathroom adn space to move around. No complaint whatsoever.
Had Diner at the steakhouse in the lobby and was outstanding.
Overall a gem of a hotel, nothing too fancy but wth lots of character and the most amazing location ever.

Room Tip: The historical building is more in contact with the Square infront. Try for a room with a view of th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so excited to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward ton welcome you back again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff was very friendly and went our of their way to help us. David, the Concierge, was helpful in getting tickets to a show and advising us about taxi service, the doormen were courteous and helpful, and the cleaning staff did a great job! We would choose this hotel again.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was at the Westin a week ago for a meeting. Even though I was not able to see the rooms I thought the meeting rooms and ballroom were very clean and the ballroom had so much charm and beauty. It really is a great space.
When we first entered the hotel my wife went upstairs and I went to look for the bathroom. I stopped a young lady who seemed busy, but she stopped right away to help me. Her name was Lindsay. She walked me all the way to the bathroom in the corner of the lobby. We talked about our dogs and she let me hold her arm because my cane was not helping me that much that day. She was so sweet. I told my wife that I wanted to come back to the hotel for a special occasion because of how nice the service was here.
The small sweet impressions are the best impressions. Thank you Westin St. Francis.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

You will not regret choosing this hotel despite the numerous hotel choices available in the Union Square area. I had an excellent stay and will gladly choose it again. The staff are incredibly helpful and considerate, the rooms are extremely comfortable, and whomever designed the hotel really paid attention to every detail to ensure guests' comfort. The beds are comfortable, the showers have great water pressure, the elevators do not make a peep (so the rooms near the elevators are not burdened with beeping all night, unlike many other hotels), the views are very nice in the tower side of the hotel, and the amenities are plentiful. The location is conveniently located to a BART stop, along with many great restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: choose a room on the tower side if you can
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Westin_St_Francis, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin St. Francis. I am excited to hear you enjoyed your stay! It is wonderful you found our staff friendly and your room comfortable. I look forward to your next visit with us.
Incline Village, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here during the world series in October and came back for a business +personal time visit. This time we stayed in the tower. Had a lovely room and view of the east bay and coit tower.
Love the scheduling of the elevators:) Cannot beat the location of the St. Francis. The breakfast coffee area is popular meeting place and constantly busy. I think the little bar isn't fabulous however. The St. Francis deserves something a bit more special like the King Cole Bar in the St. Regis in NY. There are only the options of the little ice cold square bar or the Bourbon Steak Bar which is small difficult to find a seat.

Room Tip: If you like modern - stay in the tower. If you like old world charm - stay in the original wing...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business