We booked a last minute 3-night stay at the St. Francis during a very busy week - so we paid out the nose, but wanted the central location.
- LOCATION! We were there to eat, shop and stretch our legs, so the location could not be more perfect. Right in the hustle-bustle.
- The lobby is spectacular, old-world, modern, bustling and continental.
- The Clock bar is fantastic, if a little pricey, but we still spent every pre-dinner hour experimenting with the cocktail menu.
- View from our room was fantastic - facing west, so didn't get the Union Square bustle, but you do get the sunsets (when there isn't fog).
- The glass elevators up the tower are worth noting - breathtaking views!
- After reading reviews about requesting a tower room for a more updated experience, I was quite disappointed that the room was just OK. While huge, the decor was worn, cookie-cutter and sparse, and the bathroom fixtures were quite dated. Not remarkable in the slightest, as I would associate with the St. Francis name (Westin-branded, or not). I really felt it was more like a two-star room in a four star building/location/name.
The only thing I do regret was not signing up for the Starwoods program at the front desk - as a few months later I ended up joining and this stay had already lapsed too far to get credit. Ah well, live and learn (and join free programs).
- Also Known As:
- The Westin St. Francis Hotel San Francisco
- The Westin St. Francis Hotel
- Westin St Francis
- Westin San Francisco
- Westin Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than just a hotel, The Westin St. Francis is a destination where you can unwind and be pampered by attentive, world-class service. As the only hotel located on Union Square, we are celebrated for our historic Magneta Grandfather Clock, a popular gathering place for generations of travelers, as well as our commitment to guest renewal and relaxation. Explore this legendary landmark, which has drawn locals and visitors for more than a century with our distinguished service and through the timeless refrain "Meet me under the clock!" Inside our warm and welcoming San Francisco luxury hotel, marble columns, ornate balconies, and intricate woodwork transport guests back to the elegance of yesteryear. Yet these magnificent appointments are balanced by modern, groundbreaking amenities including the revolutionary Heavenly Bed, our Starwood Preferred Guest rewards program, and employees dedicated to making you feel at home. Book one of our downtown San Francisco hotel rooms and discover the allure of the city's most charismatic and vital setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.