“Quiet gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis) (Union Square)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #41 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Quiet gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Super cost effective for SF. Great staff. Upgrade to a sweet suite. Location is great. We used Uber and taxis so need to worry about parking. Windows open which I love, but also AC if you want it.

Overall just a really pleasant experience. I have stayed in many different hotels in Union Square and I would no doubt come back here.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent 5 nights at the Warwick in March 2015, and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The rooms are nice, clean and very modern but still with a slightly ancient twist, which I personally love. There is a nice lounge bar and a modern restaurant that serves a nice breakfast as well as a nice dinner.

At the same time the hotel is very conveniently located near Union Square, so I can only recommend it, if you're in San Francisco and need a good place to stay that is not too pricy.

Spokane, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you're looking for a decent boutique hotel that won't break the bank, the Warwick is great option. Stayed just one night last week as the start of a girl's weekend getaway, and while we were disappointed that they only had double beds (getting cozy with friends!)- the room was quaint and adorable.
Had drinks at the "European" bar downstairs, and were bummed that at 9:58pm, they told us the kitchen was closed, but that's the breaks. I DO wish that we'd asked for a suggestion of someplace else to go, as we used an app on our own and ended up wandering straight into the "Tenderloin"- a fairly seedy area which starts just TWO BLOCKS south of the Warwick. If we'd only headed north - we'd been in Union Square or Nob Hill! Bummer. The little diner down the block from the Warwick ended up being an OK substitute at 12am. :)
Staff was super friendly - valet parking charge was steep, but was the best option within a couple block radius. Some noise from the street sweepers at night, and cars in the early morning hours. (Before 7am.) No problems with Wifi or anything else.......just the location so close to the Tenderloin.

Room Tip: Ask for quieter room - be aware of double beds if traveling with friends
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We considered ourselves lucky to come to this hotel, particularly since it was a last-minute booking and we were able to cut our stay short (without penalties) in a dreadful hotel and come to Warwick San Francisco Hotel. This was at a time when San Francisco was hosting a major conference and the city hotels were completely sold out. So, in comparison, this hotel was a total delight.

We arrived at the hotel very early in the morning, and they asked us to come back a little later. When we were back an hour later, they had a room ready for us, and it was immaculately clean. The front desk person sent us up with the keys and then personally brought up our suitcases.

While the room was very small, it was freshly renovated, stylish and very comfortable. The bathroom had just a bathtub and toilet, while the vanity was in the hallway. This was a minor inconvenience, and, by the way, it is quite common in European hotels.

We were on a high floor with a view of the street, and absolutely no noise came in. We were not too far from the elevators, but there was no noise getting to us from those. We did not eat at the hotel, but noticed that the bar was jam-packed with locals late in the evening.

This hotel has a spectacular location. It is within a couple of blocks of Union Square. It is within Lower Nob Hill neighborhood. There are lots of great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We walked around late at night and felt very safe.

We used the hotel's valet parking, which came to around $48 per day, including taxes. This was very convenient for us because we had a very early morning flight, and we called the hotel front desk twenty minutes prior to departure, and they brought our rental car to the front of the hotel, so it was there when we stepped out of the hotel. But we also noticed self-parking around the corner from the hotel at $25 a day, which is a very good rate for San Francisco.

Wi-Fi worked fine for us, and we used several devices, so I am puzzled why others are complaining about that. Overall, this is a lovely hotel, and I would gladly come back here, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Sanibel Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel a couple weeks ago (found a good rate on their website) while visiting family and friends in San Francisco. First off, the location was ideal for our interest in the Union Square neighborhood-- close to everything! We never felt uneasy or unsafe, which is not always the case in certain parts of the city!

While we didn't hang out at the hotel a lot, the service we received was fantastic. Katie, in particular, went out of her way to make sure we enjoyed our time. She also informed us about several other Warwick hotels that we're planning to check out! Housekeeping staff and the rest of the concierges were also very friendly and helpful. Thanks again Katie!

Our room felt clean and modern, and it had a decent view too. The bed and linens were excellent.

Great location, great service, and a good price. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It's fine. I called ahead and asked for a quiet room because I'm a very light sleeper. I specifically asked for a room not near an elevator. When I arrived, the front desk sent me to my room which, as you guessed it, was literally right next to an elevator. I had to switch rooms.

Later that night, I wanted to access the Internet via Wifi for work. I just wanted to check email from my room. Nothing worked. The front desk told me I should come downstairs and have them help me. Since I am not an idiot and know how to access Wi-Fi from an iPad and it was nearly 11 o'clock at night and I was in my pajamas, I opted not to. But if you're going to offer your guests Wifi, it should work.

Honestly, there were a number of lovely things about this hotel. But those two incidents colored my stay so badly that I will not come back.

• Stayed March 2015
Crestline, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was staying next door. And had to find a room for one night only. Saw this hotel, went on their website. and got a great room under $160. They offerred a 'upgrade' cornerview room, and would be awarded at check in. I did not receive it. did not matter; the room was amazing! Great colors/decoration choices. Helpful lighting, the bathroom all black marble, and roomy shower. I felt so much more comfortable here, than at the previous hotel. All clean, very attractive lobby. Nice restaurant below. If I wouldv'e know stayed here the whole time. It's in a perfect location: Taylor/Geary. The interior design and decorations are 5 star. and the price/room rate that night was very acceptable. This was a very plesant surprise! I had room 300, directly next to the elevator. I could hear it. But that did not ruin it, although I am certain other rooms are quieter. My room faced the alley off Taylor street. The Staff was very helpful and engaging at check in and check out.

Room Tip: I believe the rooms, not facing the alley, or next to the elevator, are nicer.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Warwick San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!