“Not Worth It” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis) (Union Square)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #41 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Los Angeles, CA
“Not Worth It”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

It's fine. I called ahead and asked for a quiet room because I'm a very light sleeper. I specifically asked for a room not near an elevator. When I arrived, the front desk sent me to my room which, as you guessed it, was literally right next to an elevator. I had to switch rooms.

Later that night, I wanted to access the Internet via Wifi for work. I just wanted to check email from my room. Nothing worked. The front desk told me I should come downstairs and have them help me. Since I am not an idiot and know how to access Wi-Fi from an iPad and it was nearly 11 o'clock at night and I was in my pajamas, I opted not to. But if you're going to offer your guests Wifi, it should work.

Honestly, there were a number of lovely things about this hotel. But those two incidents colored my stay so badly that I will not come back.

• Stayed March 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Crestline, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Was staying next door. And had to find a room for one night only. Saw this hotel, went on their website. and got a great room under $160. They offerred a 'upgrade' cornerview room, and would be awarded at check in. I did not receive it. did not matter; the room was amazing! Great colors/decoration choices. Helpful lighting, the bathroom all black marble, and roomy shower. I felt so much more comfortable here, than at the previous hotel. All clean, very attractive lobby. Nice restaurant below. If I wouldv'e know stayed here the whole time. It's in a perfect location: Taylor/Geary. The interior design and decorations are 5 star. and the price/room rate that night was very acceptable. This was a very plesant surprise! I had room 300, directly next to the elevator. I could hear it. But that did not ruin it, although I am certain other rooms are quieter. My room faced the alley off Taylor street. The Staff was very helpful and engaging at check in and check out.

Room Tip: I believe the rooms, not facing the alley, or next to the elevator, are nicer.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
La Mirada, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Warwick for the first time for a couple of days for business last week, and although I chose it for the location (VERY convenient and close to everything I needed) I was surprised at the wonderful service and amenities... the check in was flawless, and the room very comfortable and elegant, and the price was very reasonable. Because of the location I used it to meet several clients, and it was easy for them to come and go, and the quality of service was impressive. Love it. Will make it my regular place for future visits for work and fun!
Shelly

Room Tip: Loved the corner room...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The service and staff was excellent. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. The location was ideal for getting around the city and great shopping and close to many restaurants. Our room was very comfortable. I would go back there again!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Tulare, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I booked this hotel due to the hotels that I normally stay at being sold out. I was hesitant to stay at this hotel as it was 40% cheaper than other four star hotels in the area. After my stay, I realized why this hotel prices below the others.

There is no self-parking at the hotel and the valet is not a true valet. I pulled up to the curb outside of the hotel to see a sign that advised guests to park their cars, lock them, and bring the keys to the front desk. There was no one, or cart, to help with the luggage. However there was a doorman to open the front door.

I got checked in an up to my room fairly quickly. I booked a junior suite with a fireplace. The room was nicely appointed but was not as big as you would think for a junior suite, but still nice. The bathroom was the smallest bathroom I have ever seen in a hotel. You almost have to go out before turning around. However, the bathroom was finished nicely. Disappointingly, there was a faint odor of sewage around the toilet and there was a damp odor in the hallway.

In each room is a room service menu that lists breakfast and dinner foods. I ordered dinner and was pleased with the quality, but could not believe the price relative to what was delivered. I am used to paying ridiculous prices for hotel food, but at the Warwick not only was the food excessively expensive, the amount and quality left us feeling somewhat ripped off.

The next morning, I called to order breakfast in the room only to find that they don’t have room service for breakfast, despite breakfast being on the room service menu. I was told that there is a restaurant downstairs that opens for breakfast at 7. Unfortunately, I had to leave at that time for a meeting.

When I checked in, I was told to call 10 minutes in advance before I wanted my car. I did so but still had to wait about 30 minutes for my car to emerge from the valet. Being late for a meeting and no food being available left me somewhat disgruntled.

If you’re not in town on business, and you can get the hotel for a good rate, I would recommend staying. Be mindful though of the several limitations of this hotel. I would not recommend this hotel for business travelers.

Room Tip: Rooms on the main street are noisy.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
san Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Warwick for the location and very fair price, we were not expecting such a beautiful room and wonderful staff. The was so polite and welcoming to us and really made us feel special. The Hotel manager introduced himself in the lobby as we were departing and extended a welcome to return, Virginia in the restaurant was so pleasant and the tall young man at the desk was also very kind.
This is a hidden treasure in Union Square, we will be back!

Room Tip: High floors are always best downtown
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Last minute trip to The City to play, we discovered a special little gem of a hotel. Perfectly located, walking distance from Bart station, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. Hotel is boutique style, small, comfortable, clean with super friendly staff eager to please. Definitely would stay again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Bill K, Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for very your kind words regarding the Warwick San Francisco. We are honored to be your little gem of a hotel. With a staff that is happy to look after you and all of San Francisco at our doorstops, we glad you had fun and look forward to you next stay.

Been to Warwick San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!