“Great Boutique Hotel/Perfect Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis) (Union Square)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #40 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
California
“Great Boutique Hotel/Perfect Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Last minute trip to The City to play, we discovered a special little gem of a hotel. Perfectly located, walking distance from Bart station, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. Hotel is boutique style, small, comfortable, clean with super friendly staff eager to please. Definitely would stay again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Bill K, Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for very your kind words regarding the Warwick San Francisco. We are honored to be your little gem of a hotel. With a staff that is happy to look after you and all of San Francisco at our doorstops, we glad you had fun and look forward to you next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My wife and I just got back from an enjoyable stay at the Warwick. We drove and did the valet parking. The hotel is on the corner of a busy street and it can be difficult to find a spot to pull the car over to get out, check-in, and call the valet, but one opened up just as we were approaching the hotel. The lobby is small, but is bordered by a bar/lounge on one side and a very nice restaurant on the other. Checking in, we were offered a city view or a quiet room in the back. We chose the quiet room, which faces the facade of another building and looks down to an alley off of Taylor St. It was definitely quiet. We heard some inevitable street noise, but I did not hear any noise from other guests or rooms. I love the layout of the room! Very modern and the main light had a dimmer switch and the bathroom light was on a sensor. The bathroom is small, but the rest of the room was quite comfortable and spacious. It's place I wouldn't mind spending several nights in though we only stayed one. The hotel is within walking distance to just about everything. Union Square is just a few blocks down the street. Step out the front door, turn left, and you'll be there in 5 minutes. The Westfield mall is within site of Union Square and it's maybe about a 20 minute walk to the Ferry Building (at my speed). We would definitely stay here again. Love the city and being in the middle of it all!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Bill K, Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Good day and thank you for your kind words about the Warwick San Francisco. We are close to so much of what our city has to offer. I do agree our lobby is small but when you include The European - our lounge and Aveline - our restaurant, it is very posh and inviting. I also think the bathroom light sensors are cool. No more fumbling in the middle of the night to find the light switch. We look forward to your next trip being longer too, as it was our pleasure meeting you. See you soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I love the location of this charming boutique hotel. It's right across from The Curran theatre and ACT. It's short walk to Union Square. A lot of great restaurants nearby. The lobby and the rooms are well appointed in a classic but updated style. The staff is very friendly and always greeted us and got the door for us. Plus it is a great value compared to the hotel we normally stay at in SF. We will definitely be back to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Bill K, Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your gracious remarks regarding our hotel and the neighborhood we reside in. It is remarkable how many choices there are so close to us - Broadway shows, gastronomic wonders (did you try Aveline?) and extraordinary shopping. I am glad our team was of great service to you. I am equally proud that you enjoyed your room and the lobby. Have you booked your next stay yet? We cannot wait to see you back at the Warwick San Francisco.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I specifically reserved an upper "corner" room as a romantic getaway...they gave my room to someone else and then lied about it saying they "upgraded" us to a suite on the 2nd floor. total bummer...not that having the suite was so bad, but the interaction with the staff and the lying just left a yucky taste, especially when I was trying to be mr cool taking my wife out in the city..ugh!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Good day and thank you for the valuable feedback. I understand that when you spend time to arrange a special getaway, you expect it to be as planned. I am sorry that your stay, with us, was anything other than memorable. It is never acceptable for a guest to feel we were not forthright or well intended. I believe you said it best with "not that having the suite was so bad" but in the end we should have done much better. I hope one day you will return to the Warwick San Francisco so we may exceed your expectations.
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I liked this hotel much more than I expected to based on the other reviews. The price was unbeatable (got a great deal on Expedia Mobile) and the hotel was terrific. Fine hotel, and especially great for the price. Staff is super friendly, and my room is a fine size. Bathroom a bit small, but really no complaints. I asked for a room in the back on a high floor and it proved to be very quiet. No view, but very quiet.

Room Tip: Upper floor in the back.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a chance on us and we are thrilled it paid off for you! You let the secret out of the bag regarding our quiet rooms and yes those rooms offer a completely different experience then our street facing rooms. Glad you found a good price on Expedia, but remember we have a price match guarantee on our website. Just something to think about when booking your next trip. Thank you again and see you soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Loved the decor of the hotel, very chic. The bed was comfortable, the blanket and pillows were soft and all the linens were clean. Everyone was amazing and super friendly, they were cheerful and welcoming every time I walked through the door. The wifi was great, good speed. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and I would stay here again.

Note that the hotel is near the city center so the noise level will increase during the weekends (I am from NYC and am used to the noise - but something to be cognizant of). The streets are quieter on the weekdays so if you have a weekday trip, you will surely have a solid night's sleep.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have wonderful natural lighting. However, given the extra windows, the noise level...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
We are glad you had a great time in the city by the bay. The BIG Apple and us do have a lot of similarities and one in particular is noise. With so much to do, at any given hour, we San Franciscans are up and out at all hours whether its the latest club or a beautiful run along the waterfront.. With Union Square just 2 short blocks away, we are in the heart of all the action. With our super fast wifi you can gather all the fun places in seconds including our own European Bar (try the European cocktail - yum). With our comfy beds and super friendly staff it is hard not to enjoy yourself with us. We can not wait for your return, so you may enjoy even more S.F. fun.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our stay at the Warwick Hotel-San Francisco was amazing! The location was great; Walgreens across the street, museums and streetcars in walking distance. We discovered so many jewels in this area. We were able to walk to Chinatown and the hotel is surrounded by quality shopping areas. If that wasn't enough, it is in the heart of the theater district.
The staff at the hotel were also amazing. Jessie and newbie, Zachary at the front desk were helpful, attentive and well informed. They helped us plan our day, down to the letter. Manager Ludwig was very personable and accommodating. There were so many magnificent staff members, who all made our stay great; I apologize that some of their names escape me. They even surprised me with a birthday gift, upon finding out it was my birthday. They made my day so special
The room was clean and the size you'd expect in a downtown are of big city. Nice decor and use of space. The noise was minimal and the room darkening shades helped us sleep in, like we all love to do on vacation.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words about our amazing staff and hotel. Jessie, Manager Ludwig and newbie Zachary are everything you said and more!! Happy belated Birthday and we are honored you chose us for the BIG day! I agree about those shades, nothing gets though them and I am glad you could sleep in. I am guessing that extra sleep gave you the pep to explore the great neighborhoods around us, those amazing shops and a couple of little hills. Did you make over to GUMPS? If not, next time you should, very interesting stuff. We look forward to that next visit.

Been to Warwick San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!