“sf-trip-mana-2014” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

Save Saved
You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 237 Hotels in San Francisco
Sarasota, Florida
“sf-trip-mana-2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at The Warwick San Francisco for a few days in early October, 2014. We extensively researched hotels in the Union Square area, and chose the Warwick for: 1) its proximity to Union Square, 2) its price for room type, 3) the fact that one stack of rooms had balconies, 4) reviews by others.

We had a fifth floor Balcony Suite, so can only speak for that room type. It was excellent, well-appointed, spacious, with a good sized balcony, from which could watch the busy activity at the intersection of Geary and Taylor, and the comings and goings of the trendy Clift San Francisco Hotel crowd, opposite the Warwick.

One caveat.. for those who like it quiet at night, which we are not bothered about, the street-side rooms, which ours was, are somewhat noisy. But that is the nature of city life.

It is a short walk to Union Square and its environs, and across the street from the Hotel, is both a convenience store and wine shop, making it very easy to purchase items needed for a few days stay.

The staff were delightful, extremely friendly, and fulfilled all requests with great gusto.

In short, we have only positive sentiments for The Warwick San Francisco and would stay there again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Get a Balcony Suite room
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear aml4ta,

It is always great to hear from Sarasota, FL. I love the area, even if the thunder rolls in every afternoon, and the beaches have some of the best sand in the world.

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I was very happy to see that we were able to meet your expectations after your extensive research. The balcony rooms are wonderful and very popular. I was, also, very happy to know that our staff was able to make your stay more enjoyable. We make every effort to provide a more personal guest experience in the heart of San Francisco. Thank you, again, for your comments. We look forward your next San Francisco visit.

Eric Halliday

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Warwick last month - the hotel has been newly renovated in all rooms and the results are great. Location is on Geary St which I understand has a shady history however this hotel is at the good end. Turn left out of the hotel and you'll walk past galleries and luxury stores before you hit Powell St in about two minutes. Turn right out of the hotel is ok just walk too far down here although you have absolutely no need to.
Rooms are clean, bathroom really nice and the rooms are quiet. The fridge in the room is empty so you can use it for you own stuff which is always quite cool. nice bar downstairs for a night cap.
The only thing that let the stay down was an episode with the airport transfer with the guy at the front desk. I was told the night before I left that the shared minibus would be fine as the hotel was the last stop. Turns out this isn't true, thankfully I found out before I got on the bus and subsequently made my flight. The guys at the front desk in the morning were great and helped me out, just a shame the night time guy let them down.
All in all I would recommend staying here, just organise your own airport transfer or leave plenty of time to get there

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Dear marksdavison,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I could not help but notice that you have 23 hotel reviews posted on Tripadvisor, impressive. I was disappointed to learn of the problems surrounding the shuttle to the airport. We are working with the shuttle company and our staff to better understand the schedule so we may provide more accurate information. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences. Thank you for pointing out our clean rooms and refrigerator. Our guests seem to enjoy the open fridge to use for their own items. If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you to The Warwick San Francisco.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I loved this small hotel! Their recent updates are wonderful. We had a suite that was made out of two smaller hotel rooms, so we had two bathrooms and a sitting room. The only drawback was that we faced the alley. Very nice and so tastefully appointed. Everything was very clean and fresh. The staff is very friendly as well. The restaurant and bar were top-notch. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor with street facing views.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Jim P,

Thank you for positing a review of your recent stay with us. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. It was great to see that you were able to try our new restaurant and cocktail lounge. We have been getting very positive feedback for Aveline and The European. Thank you, again, for the kind remarks and for your patronage. We hope to see you, again, in the future.

Sonoma, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I took the advice of other travelers and requested a quiet room on a high floor. I got 701, which would have been fine (view is back of building next door) except the a/c fans on the roof were really noisy. Thank goodness I travel with earplugs! Otherwise, the room was pretty quiet.
I prefer a dark room for sleeping and it would have been except the reading lamps never go completely dark. Instead they serve as night lights. And the light I wanted to stay on - the bathroom light - went off in the middle of my shower each time. It's motion activated and you have about 5 minutes before you need to start waving your hands around outside the curtins. The noise from the bar is loud in the small lobby, and the elevators are old fashioned. Everything was clean. The staff were very nice and gave me complimentary wi-fi and newspapers. The bed was one of the most comfortable ever, and that's why I give the Warwick 4 stars. I'm heading back to The City in a December and am seriously thinking of staying there again -- in a different room.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear sheeelaa,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your comments with us. Though we enjoy hearing the positives, it is often those comments of a more direct nature that help us to improve. Your honest and candid remarks will help us greatly. I was happy to know that you found our beds to be “Very Comfortable”, but disappointed to learn of the other negative issues regarding the room. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences. If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you, again, for your feedback. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you to The Warwick San Francisco.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

location of warwick hotel is excellent a few minutes walk to union square where all the major shops are and the terminus for the cable cars. reception staff were excellent on booking in very helpful in suppling maps and explaining where we were and where to go. room was bit small but very clean ererything supplied that u would need. very friendly bar and very modern. would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear johnty272,

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and would be willing to return. Thank you for pointing out our excellent location and helpful staff. We are different than a traditional hotel and focus on a more personalized guest interaction. We want our guest to have a stay that is successful and enjoyable. Hopefully, there will be another visit to San Francisco in the future.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The staff are very friendly, room comfortable and more spacious than expected. Location is excellent and would love to stay again. Food in restaurant was good, overly fussy as was service but we enjoyed our meal and a few drinks in bar afterward.

• Stayed September 2014
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Moss1005,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I was very happy to see that you found the room to be comfortable and the staff very friendly. I was especially pleased to read that you enjoyed your dinner in Aveline and drinks in The European. We will look forward to your next visit to San Francisco and The Warwick San Francisco. Thank you, again, for your comments and your patronage.

Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were traveling from San Fransisco to Los Angeles and stayed at this hotel .
Hotel was comfortable and close to Union Square. Good location for shopping, cable cars etc. Lovely room, recently refurbished and surprisingly quiet . The staff were welcoming and helpful. Would stay here again.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Caryl1952,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on Tripadvisor. I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and would be willing to return. While we do have a great location and have recently completely renovated the property, it continues to be the staff that receive the most comments. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. If I can ever be of assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you to The Warwick San Francisco.

Eric Halliday

Been to Warwick San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!