“Overall pretty good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

Save Saved
You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 237 Hotels in San Francisco
London
“Overall pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I stayed at the Warwick last month - the hotel has been newly renovated in all rooms and the results are great. Location is on Geary St which I understand has a shady history however this hotel is at the good end. Turn left out of the hotel and you'll walk past galleries and luxury stores before you hit Powell St in about two minutes. Turn right out of the hotel is ok just walk too far down here although you have absolutely no need to.
Rooms are clean, bathroom really nice and the rooms are quiet. The fridge in the room is empty so you can use it for you own stuff which is always quite cool. nice bar downstairs for a night cap.
The only thing that let the stay down was an episode with the airport transfer with the guy at the front desk. I was told the night before I left that the shared minibus would be fine as the hotel was the last stop. Turns out this isn't true, thankfully I found out before I got on the bus and subsequently made my flight. The guys at the front desk in the morning were great and helped me out, just a shame the night time guy let them down.
All in all I would recommend staying here, just organise your own airport transfer or leave plenty of time to get there

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I loved this small hotel! Their recent updates are wonderful. We had a suite that was made out of two smaller hotel rooms, so we had two bathrooms and a sitting room. The only drawback was that we faced the alley. Very nice and so tastefully appointed. Everything was very clean and fresh. The staff is very friendly as well. The restaurant and bar were top-notch. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor with street facing views.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Sonoma, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I took the advice of other travelers and requested a quiet room on a high floor. I got 701, which would have been fine (view is back of building next door) except the a/c fans on the roof were really noisy. Thank goodness I travel with earplugs! Otherwise, the room was pretty quiet.
I prefer a dark room for sleeping and it would have been except the reading lamps never go completely dark. Instead they serve as night lights. And the light I wanted to stay on - the bathroom light - went off in the middle of my shower each time. It's motion activated and you have about 5 minutes before you need to start waving your hands around outside the curtins. The noise from the bar is loud in the small lobby, and the elevators are old fashioned. Everything was clean. The staff were very nice and gave me complimentary wi-fi and newspapers. The bed was one of the most comfortable ever, and that's why I give the Warwick 4 stars. I'm heading back to The City in a December and am seriously thinking of staying there again -- in a different room.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

location of warwick hotel is excellent a few minutes walk to union square where all the major shops are and the terminus for the cable cars. reception staff were excellent on booking in very helpful in suppling maps and explaining where we were and where to go. room was bit small but very clean ererything supplied that u would need. very friendly bar and very modern. would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The staff are very friendly, room comfortable and more spacious than expected. Location is excellent and would love to stay again. Food in restaurant was good, overly fussy as was service but we enjoyed our meal and a few drinks in bar afterward.

• Stayed September 2014
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Moss1005,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I was very happy to see that you found the room to be comfortable and the staff very friendly. I was especially pleased to read that you enjoyed your dinner in Aveline and drinks in The European. We will look forward to your next visit to San Francisco and The Warwick San Francisco. Thank you, again, for your comments and your patronage.

Regards,

Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were traveling from San Fransisco to Los Angeles and stayed at this hotel .
Hotel was comfortable and close to Union Square. Good location for shopping, cable cars etc. Lovely room, recently refurbished and surprisingly quiet . The staff were welcoming and helpful. Would stay here again.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Caryl1952,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on Tripadvisor. I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and would be willing to return. While we do have a great location and have recently completely renovated the property, it continues to be the staff that receive the most comments. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. If I can ever be of assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you to The Warwick San Francisco.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great Hotel, very clean and remodeled, we been there before on our Wedding Anniversary back in 1999. Nice to come back 15 years later and find it even nicer. great staff, very friendly and professional personnel, gent by the name of Jessie was very helpful and went beyond the norm to make our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: From what I saw, any room is great.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear daniel m,

Welcome back to The Warwick San Francisco. It was great to see that you enjoyed your return even after fifteen years. It was great to know that we are even better than you remembered. I was most happy to learn that Jessie was able to make such a positive impression during your stay. We are lucky to have such a great group of people working with us. I will be certain that Jessie and everyone at the Front Office are aware of your comments. Thank you for taking the time to recognize their efforts. We look forward to the next visit, hopefully before another fifteen years passes. If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Eric Halliday

Been to Warwick San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!