“Beautiful property, great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

Save Saved
You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #43 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Beautiful property, great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

As if the location of this hotel and the beautiful lobby weren't enough of a great first impression, the staff at the Warwick simply put the whole experience over the top! Their friendly, helpful demeanor really made my staff amazing. I look forward to returning to this beautiful property next time I'm in town!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We really enjoyed our stay. The Warwick is a small hotel with friendly staff who greeted us each time we walked through the lobby. The staff really makes you feel welcome & that made a real difference for us. Our room was very comfortable - separate sitting area, very nice bathroom configuration. great shower, & in addition to the terry robes, there are also umbrellas in the rooms. ( I felt sorry for the people staying at the big hotel across the street as they often looked confused as they left the hotel - while at the Warwick you are taken care of.) We did not try the restaurant, Analise, because we arrived tired and had plans for our other evenings, but we will next time. I agree w/other reviewers about the bar, The European; it is a nice little place - I enjoyed the house champagne cocktail made w/hibiscus ginger syrup. If I were in SF for a conference this is the kind of bar I would look for, to unwind w/colleagues after the sessions - it's quiet, small and the service is great. The hotel is right across the street from the American Conservancy Theater and a few doors up from a fabulous Mexican restaurant. If you are coming in on BART you want to get off at Powell Street - then it's a short walk up to the hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is in the middle of the city so the streets are noisy, especially on Friday night. Our r...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear RIki,

What a wonderful review, especially coming from a Top Contributor with more than 60 reviews on Tripadvisor. Your comments are very well thought out and articulated, thank you for such an effort to describe your experience. My favorite part of the review was the part about “feeling sorry for the guests at the hotel across the street”; such a great compliment. I should point out that the name of the restaurant is Aveline (not Analise); seems an easy mistake. If I can ever be of assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to your next visit to San Francisco and The Warwick San Francisco.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The lounge and bar area are tastefully done. The cocktails are well made and creative not your standard cucumber martini! The lounge was recommended by a staff member at the hotel I was staying at. Our server was excellent too. Great place to start or end evenings.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear Julie J,

Thank you for the great review of our lounge, The European. I was so happy to hear that you were referred to us by one of our neighboring hotels. We are very proud of the recent renovation and glad to know that you found the design to be tastefully done and the cocktails delicious and creative. We look forward to your next visit to San Francisco and The European.

Topanga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed 6 nights at the warwick due to the suite they offered (bedroom and separate sitting area). From the beginning this hotel is not child friendly, we had to carry stroller up steps to get into the hotel each time. Also to get to our room we had to carry stroller down 4 steps each time. The rooms were noisy, no view, and we had to deal with noisy trash collection at 7a every morning. There is no freezer or microwave in the hotel room, and I was disappointed that there was no room service, spa, or even fitness center. So for the price we paid this hotel was quite lacking. The staff were very friendly and as accommodating as they could be with what they had to work with. Also sadly the restaurant downstairs is very overpriced and not appetizing at all. Sadly we will not be staying here again, and will probably choose the Westin down the block for future visits.

• Stayed September 2014
Dear Diana C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I was sorry to hear that you did not find our hotel to be child friendly. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences. We have always taken extra efforts to make any guests with children feel welcome. While it is true we do have one step at the entrance our guests usually find this easy to navigate. The suite you stayed in has two full bathrooms and a separate sitting area that many families find convenient. We do not have microwaves in our rooms, but the rooms are all equipped with a minifridge. Also, I did want to let you know that there are several configurations of suites and some do not require stairs. Thank you for pointing out our friendly and accommodating staff. If I can ever be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We appreciate your feedback and your patronage.

Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A group of three friends stayed here in May 2014, when the hotel was under renovation. This posed no problems.

The hotel was very nice and had that boutique feel.

We stayed in the Petite Suite (i think). The bathroom may have been a bit small, but it was still functional.
The staff was the standout. I can't remember his name, but the gentleman with the glasses at reception was wonderful. Always had a greeting when we went in and out and was always willing to help with any questions we had.
The hotel is conveniently located. It wasn't too close to the main shopping strip, which I think was good. I value quiet at night.
Would definitely consider staying here again next time I'm in San Francisco.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear livedie,

I am happy to hear Lawrence took such great care of you. Our hotel is well known for our service and I am glad you were able to experience that along with the great location. I will be certain to share your comments with Lawrence and the entire Front Desk team. I think you’re right that although convenient, it is far enough to not affect your stay in a negative way. When you come to San Francisco next, please reach out to us directly. We would love to have you stay with us again and help plan your stay. Thank you for your positive review.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for 4 nights in September. Staff were brilliant, I was given room on 3rd floor which was a bit noisy, asked to see if they had another room, was given one on the 6th floor which was perfect. I thought the sink being outside the bathroom was a great idea.. Tried the restaurant, very good food, the chocolate dessert was amazing, if not a bit weird... Rooms were small but that wasn't a problem.. For those that found fishermans warf a long way away there is plenty of good transport available... Very close to union square and plenty of shops if you like shopping, Macy's Bloomingdales and the Westfield shopping mall. I would stay here again definately great value for money.. Thank you staff at the Warwick for making my stay in San Francisco so pleasurable... I'll recommend the hotel to my friends in England

Room Tip: Try to ask for a higher floor for your room as, most face a busy road
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dear Matthew B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. In a big city such as San Francisco, it is difficult to escape the noise at times, but I am glad we found a quieter room to accommodate you in. I am sure the restaurant will be thrilled to hear you loved the dessert. They are quite creative and take much pride in all that they do. All in all, I hope we get to see you again and thank you for the kind words.

The Hague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

i recently stayed here five nights at your hotel and wanted to say my experience was comfort and classy. The room was stylishly decorated. muted colors of grey, blue and white and the bathroom was terra cotta. I have stayed in many hotels and even though it is considered a 3 star it should rated a 4 star. The staff were friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make my stay as a wonderful as can be. This hotel is centrally located and a skip and hop to Union Square where all the upscale shopping is done. The bar was a wonderful experience, with the same muted colors and soft lighting. There is a restaurant annexed to the Warwick and tHIS IS A MUST do! The food is a dining experience not to be missed. Thank you Warwick for making my stay as pleasurable as this exciting city.

Room Tip: Rooms on the southside is most likely less noisier. The garbage pick up at 6pm made loading noises...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear TheHagueBernadette_D,

I am so thrilled you like the new look of the hotel. It seems you were able to enjoy the full experience which is what we hope for with all of our guests. It is a true pleasure when you have a guest enjoy not just one, but all aspects of their stay. Thank you for the kind review. Please let us know when you are returning to San Francisco we would love to have you stay with us again.

Eric Halliday

Been to Warwick San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!