“As Lovely Hotel in the European Style” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

Save Saved
You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #45 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
Austin
“As Lovely Hotel in the European Style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I'm a compulsive travel planner, so on a recent brief stopover to San Francisco, my wife and I atypically utilized one of the ubiquitous internet hotel finders once we landed at SFO airport to find a hotel for a Saturday night stay. Honestly, we chose the Warwick at random, and with some fear since we had to prepay for the night, so the die, as it were was cast. The hotel is conveniently sited to major attractions being just a couple of blocks from Union Square in one direction and the Gates of Chinatown in the other. Sadly, like many of San Francisco's boutique hotels, the drive up appeal might give a traveller used to uniformed doormen and glass and polished brass vestibules some pause to consider a mistake was in the offing, but fear not for the lobby is modern, clean and welcoming. The staff (such as it is in the lobby) was friendly and helpful. Our room was a standard queen, I believe their basic room type and was small, reminding us (pleasantly) of Some of the European hotels from our travels. The room was clean and as we were on the backside, quite quiet even sleeping with the window open. To complete the European vibe, the hotel provides. a complimentary continental breakfast with excellent coffee, juice, boiled eggs, assorted breads, oatmeal, granola, etc. With the dozen or languages being spoken in the cozy breakfast room, you could have almost imagined you were in Europe. Parking, like everywhere in San Francisco, is pricy, so one must grin and bear it. Is this the hotel in SF, I can't say, but we were pleasantly pleased, and would consider staying again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The lounge and bar area are tastefully done. The cocktails are well made and creative not your standard cucumber martini! The lounge was recommended by a staff member at the hotel I was staying at. Our server was excellent too. Great place to start or end evenings.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Topanga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed 6 nights at the warwick due to the suite they offered (bedroom and separate sitting area). From the beginning this hotel is not child friendly, we had to carry stroller up steps to get into the hotel each time. Also to get to our room we had to carry stroller down 4 steps each time. The rooms were noisy, no view, and we had to deal with noisy trash collection at 7a every morning. There is no freezer or microwave in the hotel room, and I was disappointed that there was no room service, spa, or even fitness center. So for the price we paid this hotel was quite lacking. The staff were very friendly and as accommodating as they could be with what they had to work with. Also sadly the restaurant downstairs is very overpriced and not appetizing at all. Sadly we will not be staying here again, and will probably choose the Westin down the block for future visits.

• Stayed September 2014
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A group of three friends stayed here in May 2014, when the hotel was under renovation. This posed no problems.

The hotel was very nice and had that boutique feel.

We stayed in the Petite Suite (i think). The bathroom may have been a bit small, but it was still functional.
The staff was the standout. I can't remember his name, but the gentleman with the glasses at reception was wonderful. Always had a greeting when we went in and out and was always willing to help with any questions we had.
The hotel is conveniently located. It wasn't too close to the main shopping strip, which I think was good. I value quiet at night.
Would definitely consider staying here again next time I'm in San Francisco.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed here for 4 nights in September. Staff were brilliant, I was given room on 3rd floor which was a bit noisy, asked to see if they had another room, was given one on the 6th floor which was perfect. I thought the sink being outside the bathroom was a great idea.. Tried the restaurant, very good food, the chocolate dessert was amazing, if not a bit weird... Rooms were small but that wasn't a problem.. For those that found fishermans warf a long way away there is plenty of good transport available... Very close to union square and plenty of shops if you like shopping, Macy's Bloomingdales and the Westfield shopping mall. I would stay here again definately great value for money.. Thank you staff at the Warwick for making my stay in San Francisco so pleasurable... I'll recommend the hotel to my friends in England

Room Tip: Try to ask for a higher floor for your room as, most face a busy road
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
The Hague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

i recently stayed here five nights at your hotel and wanted to say my experience was comfort and classy. The room was stylishly decorated. muted colors of grey, blue and white and the bathroom was terra cotta. I have stayed in many hotels and even though it is considered a 3 star it should rated a 4 star. The staff were friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make my stay as a wonderful as can be. This hotel is centrally located and a skip and hop to Union Square where all the upscale shopping is done. The bar was a wonderful experience, with the same muted colors and soft lighting. There is a restaurant annexed to the Warwick and tHIS IS A MUST do! The food is a dining experience not to be missed. Thank you Warwick for making my stay as pleasurable as this exciting city.

Room Tip: Rooms on the southside is most likely less noisier. The garbage pick up at 6pm made loading noises...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a great stay at the Warwick. Stayed there for 4 nights during a vacation in July. The staff was polite, friendly, and willing to answer any questions about the area. The hotel was clean and quiet. Plus walking distance to the major public transportation systems.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Chris M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. It is always a treat to have a “Great stay” review. I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and would be willing to return. Thank you for pointing out our wonderful staff, clean quite rooms and convenient location. If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,

Eric Halliday

Been to Warwick San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!