“Average hotel, pricey for what you get” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

Save Saved
You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #53 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
Topanga
“Average hotel, pricey for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW via mobile

We stayed 6 nights at the warwick due to the suite they offered (bedroom and separate sitting area). From the beginning this hotel is not child friendly, we had to carry stroller up steps to get into the hotel each time. Also to get to our room we had to carry stroller down 4 steps each time. The rooms were noisy, no view, and we had to deal with noisy trash collection at 7a every morning. There is no freezer or microwave in the hotel room, and I was disappointed that there was no room service, spa, or even fitness center. So for the price we paid this hotel was quite lacking. The staff were very friendly and as accommodating as they could be with what they had to work with. Also sadly the restaurant downstairs is very overpriced and not appetizing at all. Sadly we will not be staying here again, and will probably choose the Westin down the block for future visits.

• Stayed September 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

A group of three friends stayed here in May 2014, when the hotel was under renovation. This posed no problems.

The hotel was very nice and had that boutique feel.

We stayed in the Petite Suite (i think). The bathroom may have been a bit small, but it was still functional.
The staff was the standout. I can't remember his name, but the gentleman with the glasses at reception was wonderful. Always had a greeting when we went in and out and was always willing to help with any questions we had.
The hotel is conveniently located. It wasn't too close to the main shopping strip, which I think was good. I value quiet at night.
Would definitely consider staying here again next time I'm in San Francisco.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here for 4 nights in September. Staff were brilliant, I was given room on 3rd floor which was a bit noisy, asked to see if they had another room, was given one on the 6th floor which was perfect. I thought the sink being outside the bathroom was a great idea.. Tried the restaurant, very good food, the chocolate dessert was amazing, if not a bit weird... Rooms were small but that wasn't a problem.. For those that found fishermans warf a long way away there is plenty of good transport available... Very close to union square and plenty of shops if you like shopping, Macy's Bloomingdales and the Westfield shopping mall. I would stay here again definately great value for money.. Thank you staff at the Warwick for making my stay in San Francisco so pleasurable... I'll recommend the hotel to my friends in England

Room Tip: Try to ask for a higher floor for your room as, most face a busy road
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
The Hague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

i recently stayed here five nights at your hotel and wanted to say my experience was comfort and classy. The room was stylishly decorated. muted colors of grey, blue and white and the bathroom was terra cotta. I have stayed in many hotels and even though it is considered a 3 star it should rated a 4 star. The staff were friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make my stay as a wonderful as can be. This hotel is centrally located and a skip and hop to Union Square where all the upscale shopping is done. The bar was a wonderful experience, with the same muted colors and soft lighting. There is a restaurant annexed to the Warwick and tHIS IS A MUST do! The food is a dining experience not to be missed. Thank you Warwick for making my stay as pleasurable as this exciting city.

Room Tip: Rooms on the southside is most likely less noisier. The garbage pick up at 6pm made loading noises...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a great stay at the Warwick. Stayed there for 4 nights during a vacation in July. The staff was polite, friendly, and willing to answer any questions about the area. The hotel was clean and quiet. Plus walking distance to the major public transportation systems.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Chris M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. It is always a treat to have a “Great stay” review. I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and would be willing to return. Thank you for pointing out our wonderful staff, clean quite rooms and convenient location. If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,

Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great central location. Just off Union Square. Staff friendly and beautiful hotel. Walking distance to trams, union square, Chinatown and great shopping. Room was clean, very comfortable beds. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Clare B,

Thank you for the positive review. I was happy to see that you consider us a Great Hotel. We are, indeed just off Union Square and located in the heart of San Francisco. I hope that you had a chance to take advantage of our location in one of the best shopping locations in the world. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you to The Warwick San Francisco Hotel. Again, thank you for the taking the time to share your comments and for your patronage.

Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our family of 6 stayed in a suite and were decently comfortable with 2 kids on the pull out and twin babies in cribs. We were on the 7th floor facing Geary street and did not don't it to be too noisy at all. The actual hotel itself was very quiet. I felt like we were the only people staying there at times. Although everything was recently completely updated, it seemed a tad bit like it was cheaply done. A lot of storage was in the room which was nice for all of our stuff. The cleaning service I was a bit disappointed in. It seemed like all they would do is make the bed, provide new towels, and take the trash, but half the time they didn't even get the trash or refill the coffee. It's very much within walking distance to union square. If union square is where you plan to spend most of your time than this is great for you. If fisherman's wharf is more your gig than choose somewhere closer to there. The staff was hit or miss. I think the evening and weekend staff seemed a little more friendly than the others. Overall we were pleased with the hotel but would probably book closer to fisherman's wharf next time for no reason other than location.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Jaymarti,

Thank you for your comments on your stay. I’m pleased that the space was sufficient for your whole family in one room and that it wasn’t too noisy. Please accept my apology in regards to the housekeeping issue. I will be following up with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure our staff knows and consistently provides service up to our brand standards. The remarks you made certainly are not what we want to be known for. We appreciate your feedback as we always have room for improvement. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we can see you again in the future.

Eric Halliday

Been to Warwick San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!