“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

Save Saved
You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #40 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Gloucester
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed at the Warwick in August for three days. The staff were very knowledgable and couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful . The location is convenient especially if you are using über ( which I recommend ). Will definitely stay here again .

• Stayed August 2014

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Daughter and I recently spent the weekend in San Francisco and stayed at the Warwick. The forecast had been for mild weather but it turned out to be quite chilly. I found San Francisco to be too crowded, loud, chaotic and expensive for my liking. Our room at the Warwick was such a comfortable place to retreat to. It's Union Square location was perfect for us. The beds were quite comfortable and the bed linens also comfortable. The temperature in the room was easily adjusted to suit our need. Everything was nice and clean. Towels were fluffy. Our room overlooked Geary and so there was street noise floating up. That's why we travel with earplugs. I felt right at home because the room décor reminded me of my own bedroom, done in navy and taupe. What great taste their designer has! We didn't visit the restaurant or bar, but the bar was full on Saturday night, and a restaurant patron who we ran into in the elevator said she enjoyed her meal. We found all the staff we interacted with to be friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Cocoa Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We recently stayed here for four days during our third trip to San Fransisco. The area is O.K. Near, if not in the sketchy Tenderloin District. Short walk to Union Square and restaurants. Long walk to Fisherman's Wharf. Opted not to pay for hotel's parking. With a little research, located several secure parking garages in the same area for less than $20 per night. Far better than the hotel's near $50. Complimentary wi-fi, which was nice. No on site gym or exercise facility. No business center or accessible computers. Our room was small and did not appear to have been recently renovated. Unfortunately the shower and tub was dirty containing hair from the previous occupants...Yuk. No free breakfast, but they did have a Continental Breakfast option for $18 per person. This was not an option for us...San Francisco has too many great restaurants. Brenda's French Soul Food was in walking distance, which was awesome. As previously mentioned, this was our third trip to San Francisco, there are better options.....in value, location and amenities.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel has just finished a renovation! We really enjoyed our stay! The check-in took a little longer (not because of the hotel, but because of booking.com rules...) and the front desk manager was so kind to give us a really nice corner room with 2 windows, free wi-fi and a complimentary drink in the bar. They also started a new line on bathroom products which I liked most during our 3-week travel! We definitely recommend Warwick to anyone travelling to San Francisco!

Room Tip: Take a corner room - like 608
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear pink_comete,

What a great review! Thank you for pointing out the remodeled rooms and new bath products. We just placed the new guest amenities in the rooms earlier this month and have received very positive feedback. It is obvious that you stay in a lot of hotels and your comments mean a great deal to us. I was, however, sorry to hear that check-in took a little longer than usual. Please accept my apologies. We hope that there will be another opportunity to welcome you back to The Warwick San Francisco Hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any assistance. Thank you, again, for the outstanding review and for your patronage.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was in SF for a business trip and I stayed at the Warwick Hotel. I was only in for a day, but the staff made quite a good impression.

After getting to the airport, I realized that I left some of my presentation materials in my apartment. I had a really tight schedule, with only a couple of hours between my flight arrival and my meeting at the convention center. I phoned the hotel and Jenna answered the phone I emailed all my documents to her and she had them printed and bound for me. By the time I got to the hotel, they were already at the front desk.

Kudos to Jesse, Mariah and Lawrence!

The room was clean and had everything I needed. The remote control was funky though; it was a bit difficult to change channels using the remote.

Other than that, the hotel is walking distance to quaint restaurants and drug stores for sundries.

I usually stay at boutique hotels when I travel because I find most chain hotels to be rather dull and boring. The Warwick was a nice place, I'd definitely stay here again. I didn't get to go to the bar, but it seemed to have a bit pretentious crowd. Other than that, the hotel is great for a short getaway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Robert B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and would be willing to return. I was especially pleased to see that our staff was able to make such a positive impression during your visit. We take pride in providing personalized service and Jesse, Mariah and Lawrence are excellent representatives of The Warwick San Francisco. Thank you for taking the time to recognize their efforts. I will be certain to share your comments with the entire Front Office team.

I was surprised by your comment about our bar, The European, and wanted to let you know that our goal was to create a very enjoyable environment that is far from pretentious; perhaps it was an off night. Maybe on your next visit to SF you will be willing to give The European another try. If I can ever be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to your next visit and thank you, again, for your comments and your patronage.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is recently renovated which means modern amenities like bathroom light that turns on automatically and quiet air conditioning. Service was was very great during my stay thanks to friendly and attentive staff at the front desk. While the room is small, the entry into the living space is spacious and long.

Streets can be very loud at night due to the busy Union Square location. In-room service isn't available yet but won't be an issue for most people as there are tons of restaurants jan this area.

I also really liked the grey/classy "tone" of the hotel -- both in the lobby and in room.

• Stayed August 2014
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear NHGuest,

Thank you for all your comments about our recent renovation. We had designed the renovation so that we could keep the charming historical feel of the property while integrating those updated amenities. We are so please do know that your experience was in line with our efforts. One of our favorite phrases is, "A historic hotel for the modern traveler". I do apologize for the lack of in-room dining available. This is something we are currently working on and will be rolling out in the coming months. You are right in the fact that there are so many great restaurants in the area. We love hearing about guest favorites to add to our list! Seattle is not too far from us, so I hope we get to see you again in the near future. If there is anything I can do to assist, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We only stayed at this hotel for one night before flying out, but we really enjoyed it! The staff were amazing! We were coming in from a road trip and we would be checking in late. I called earlier in the day to make sure that our room was saved. I talked with Lawrence (not sure of the spelling) and he was very accommodating. He was there when we arrived and remembered our phone call. It made me feel special. The other staff we worked with the day we left (I am not sure of his name) was also very helpful. He set up a shuttle for us to get back to the airport later on in the day and held our luggage while we toured the city.
The hotel was recently remodeled and everything was very boutique like, but kept with the historical feel of the building. Out room was oh so cute! The only thing that I think might be a no go for some people is that our room was facing Geary and it was somewhat loud over night, but you will get that with any hotel in the city.
I would not go to the bar. The night we went we were not greeted so we just sat down. Finally someone came and left us with a menu for a long while. When we finally ordered out drinks and received them nobody came back to ask if maybe we wanted food so we just left money on the table and left.

Room Tip: If you need quiet ask for a room not facing Geary
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear KikiWeston,

We are so happy you got to experience our hotel even for the short stay! We like to think of our hotel as your home away from home; so to see that our staff took great care of you is a great thing to hear. I’m so sorry to hear about the issue in the European on the night you were here. We truly appreciate your business and would never want you to feel unwelcome. I have passed along your comments to the manager so that they may follow-up. We always want to hear how we can improve and look forward to taking care of you in the future if you decide to return. If you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to contact me. Again, thank you for your kind words.

Eric Halliday

Been to Warwick San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!