“Great location, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

Save Saved
You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #89 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
North Aurora, Illinois
“Great location, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Every time I visit San Francisco, I make sure I stay at this hotel. It is located in a very central area -- blocks away from Union Square and the trolley. The hotel is clean and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. Every time you go in and out of the hotel, you are greeted with a smile and a friendly face.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear LovelyLinda,

Great to hear from the Windy City. Though we are always happy to hear from any of our guests, it is especially rewarding to have such wonderful feedback from someone that has stayed with us in the past. We especially appreciate the comments regarding our staff and location. We are proud of our staff and their efforts to provide a successful and enjoyable stay. If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to your next visit to Warwick San Francisco Hotel.

584 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Sugar Land, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

When I travel for work I like to try unique boutique hotels where possible...so, after research, I settled on the Warwick. The staff was superb, the lobby quaint and quirky and the room was GROSS. It was weird because they told me it was where the owner stayed...I am fairly tolerant when a hotel has some age on it as long as it is clean. While the dirt was not visible to the eye, it was overwhelming to my nose...it smelled like, well, it smelled like mildew, mold and just plain rot. The curtain thingy over the bed was a dust collector and the carpeting smelled. I got back from going out for the evening hoping perhaps having left the french doors open perhaps it would not be as bad and maybe I had been hasty in my assessment (as I said, I wanted to like this hotel). It was still gross. I called the Hilton and secured a room for the next night as they did not have one open immediately. I spent a miserable night scared I would get sick. Oh well. I can't recommend this hotel until they do a complete overhaul. The charm can remain, but it needs new carpet, paint, linens, etc...I would not even walk on the carpet in my bare feet and would not unpack for fear of the smell getting into my things.

Room Tip: I don't think you can at this point.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear ARKSugarland,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. I would have preferred to address your issues at the time you stayed, however, though your stay was many months ago, I wanted to let you know that we have done several deep cleanings of the room you stayed in since November. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences. Also, I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of planning a renovation for later in the year. Hopefully, we will have some more information to share in the coming months. In the mean time, we will continue to work on our housekeeping and are confidant this will improve. Thank you for recognizing that our staff was superb. We appreciate that you would take the time to recognize their efforts. If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me immediately. Again, thank you for your time and patronage.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights over Easter. Had an extremely comfortable stay. Staff were great, extremely friendly and helpful. At one stage I needed to use the free Internet in the lobby but it was in use. Reception staff who noticed me waiting offered for me to go back to my room and would call me when free. Which he did. Was always greeted when coming back into the hotel & leaving. (It's the small things that count).
Had a small issue with toilet not flushing correctly one night & very friendly maintenance man had it fixed within the hour.
Front desk organised airport transport back to SFO at a very competitive rate which was one less thing to organise.
Location is perfect less than 5 min walk from Union Square and a vast array of public transport.
Rooms a bit on the small side but had plenty of room and lots of storage space.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a comfortable stay with very friendly staff, great location and extremely good value for money!! Only hope I get the chance to go back for a stay soon!!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Faades,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments. I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and would not hesitate to recommend us to others. We most appreciate your feedback regarding our staff. It was great to see that they were able to make such an impression during your stay. We are proud to be able to provide a comfortable and enjoyable hospitality experience in the heart of San Francisco. We look forward to your next visit to Warwick San Francisco Hotel. Thank you, again, for your comments and patronage.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for the RnR 1/2 Marathon because it was close to the Expo and BART knowing we would have to find transport to the Wharf for the race. I was amazed by the excellent service from the staff. Everyone we encountered was friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to make our trip perfect. The room was small, but that was expected for a 'historic' building downtown. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Guilford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I recently had the chance to stay at The Warwick Hotel, which is ideally located on Geary Street, 1 block from Union Square in San Francisco. I arrive from skiing ~9:00PM on a Monday night. The service was excellent, along with check-in process swift and informative, advising me of all the amenities the hotel and location offered. My two-room suite was clean, well-lit and very comfortable. I had some work to do, I immediately logged onto the internet (which was hassle-free) and began working. I thought I'd work for ~30 minutes, however, i ended up working until early AM hours, as I was very comfortable in the working environment they provided, e.g., antique mahogany desk, chair and good lighting.

The maid service observed my do not disturb sign on the door, which allowed me to sleep late the next morning and walked to my business meetings from the hotel. The front desk staff was always personable and wanted to know if there was anything they could do to help me that day. They did direct me to the closest BART station the following day.
I wound up completing my business two days earlier than anticipated. I inquired with the hotel staff about cancelling my reservations for the last 2 nights. They were helpful, but had to direct me back to hotels.com, since that's whom I used to book the room. Hotels.com advised that I might have to pay an early termination fee, but that they wouldn't know until the Warwick Hotel management informed them how much (if any) charge would apply to early termination. I spoke with the Warwick management. They were extremely accommodating! They did not charge me for an early cancellation of my reservation!

For various reasons: reasonable price, central location, over the top hospitality, comfortable room (with a great bed/mattress) and excellent working area, i plan on booking my next stay in San Fracisco at the Warwick Hotel! If you need a comfortable hotel, centrally located, for either holiday/vacation or business, i highly recommend the Warwick Hotel on Geary Street.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the street, but the hotel was soundly built and comfortable, so I was able to sl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Peter G,

WOW, what a great review! I was very happy to see that we were able to help make your stay such a success. We appreciate that you would take the time to write such a detailed account of your visit. I was especially please that you would recognize our staff and hospitality. We are lucky to have such a wonderful group of people working with us. If I can ever be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to your next trip to San Francisco and Warwick San Francisco Hotel.

Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed in Warwick San Francisco hotel for 5 days when I came to SF for a conference. What can I say? Great hotel, great staff and very very cosy rooms. Highly recommended! I will definitely stay there again if I go to CA next year. Thank you

Dear BaharB83,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. “Great Hotel” and “Highly Recommended” is the type of praise we enjoy hearing. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to Warwick San Francisco Hotel.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well, this hotel is close to Union Square and the theatres, it's clean and relatively quiet. The staff is friendly and helpful. But like some others here, I was disappointed with the "inside" room. The window, with a view of the rest of the hotel, was small and not much light came in. But I think what really disturbed me was the lack of a coffee pot in the room. Yes, they have fresh brewed coffee in the lobby, but if I have to get dressed to go down there, I might as well slap on some makeup and go to work. I kept thinking that for $5.00 more I could have stayed at the Orchard Hotel, a place I really like. However, the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room that has a coffee maker.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Warwick San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!