“This hotel needs immediate renovation” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

Save Saved
You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis)   |
Special Price
10% Off and Free WIFI
Ranked #85 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
“This hotel needs immediate renovation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I wish I could give this hotel higher rating just for the kindness of the front desk staff. People who work there were friendly and helpful. And the location is convenient. But that's pretty much all the good things I can say about this place.

I was placed in a tiny, dark and alley-facing room at first. You can't even tell there's bright daylight outside because it's so dark and gloomy in the room, basically like a vampire's room. I also had an allergy attack because of the dust and who knows what else. I had no phone reception in the room so I had a hard time to keep in touch with my friends when we need to coordinate our travel plan .

The next day I told the front desk staff I want to change to another room. He was very nice and immediately replaced me another room. The second room was bigger and facing the street, which makes the room a bit more acceptable, at least I got some sunlight. But it's still so outdated and poorly-maintained. The sheets were clean and new, but the blanket and mattress were old and hard to sleep on/in.

I honestly think the staffs there try their best to keep their guest feel comfortable, but unfortunately there are only that much you can do about an old hotel.

I was so relieved the day I checked out Warwick, and moved to another hotel... Seriously a nightmare staying there to me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Anita C.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I was disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay. Though there were problems with the rooms, I was appreciative that you recognized our staff as being friendly and helpful. We usually get very good comments about the people that work with us. We are planning a renovation for later this year, but are making every effort to maintain our rooms to our high standards. I will be certain to share your comments with our Housekeeping Manager and review the rooms that you stayed in. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience. If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

565 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Decatur, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I wanted to spend a few days in San Francisco as part of a larger vacation in wine country. While in the city, we were looking for a central hotel we could use as a base. The Warwick was perfect. Great older hotel with charm. Clean, comfortable, within walking distance to Union Square, the cable cars, Muni and BART. Could not have asked for a better place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Paul M.

Thank you for the great comments. We appreciate the feedback on our clean and comfortable rooms and, of course, our location. I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and would be willing to return. If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you, again, for taking the time to provide your comments and for your patronage.

Pittsburg, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The room I stayed was very nice. The room was a king bed suite. It had 2 bathrooms, couch, antique furniture, small refrigerator, a safe for valuables, flat screen TV, mini bar, and bath robes with slippers if needed. The staff was very friendly, helpful and made you feel important.
We went for Valentines day and took the commodore cruise for dinner and dancing around the bay. We stayed the night at the Warwick and had in room breakfast in the morning. Everything was great. I only had one complaint which was the bed was to hard for my liking. The hotel has written me and said they will be remodeling soon. I would definately stay here again.

Dear Donnalmo.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments with us. I was happy to see that the Warwick San Francisco Hotel was part of a special Valentines Day celebration. We take pride in providing a comfortable and enjoyable hospitality experience in the heart of San Francisco. If I can ever be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me. We will look forward to your next visit.

Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Warwick. Hotel was clean, staff was great, very helpful. The location was perfect for all we wanted to do and see. Easy walk from where the BART, 2 blocks from union square and to catch the cable car to everything else we wanted to see. When ever we return to the Frisco area, we will most likely stay again at the Warwick.

Dear AZchieffan.

Always happy to hear from our friends in Arizona. Thank you for the great comments. We appreciate that you would take the time to share your feedback. I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and would be willing to return. We look forward to your next visit to San Francisco and Warwick San Francisco Hotel.

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Given the relatively inexpensive rate, I was concerned that this hotel was going to be a bit grungy and neglected, but instead it was awesome. Great atmosphere, clean and well-equipped rooms, plenty of space for a SF city hotel room, comfortable beds and pillows, good hot water pressure, and very well located. This will be my go-to hotel in the city from now on.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a very inviting place that make you feel at home each time you enter it. I got rear room that was very quiet and very clean at the 7th floor. This stay at the Warwick exceed my expectations. At last I dont think I could get a beter location to stay in SF than the place the Warwick is located.

• Stayed February 2013
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Drorkat,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent visit to San Francisco. We appreciate all your positive comments, especially that we could, “make you feel at home...”. I was happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you to Warwick San Francisco Hotel.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

First trip to SF since 2005. I came for a conference and decided to go late, so hotel selection was limited. I am SO happy it was, as I booked a hotel a little bit away from the conference site, and discovered the Warwick. Very nice hotel, my room was very nice; but what I really appreciated was the care and attentiveness of the wonderful people who work there. From the time I arrived, and every time I walked through the lobby, or had a question, they were responsive, knowledgable and really just a pleasure to interact with. I wish I could have this experience everytime I travel. The Warwick is special, because of it's people and I will come back.

Room Tip: Second floor is great for quick access.