“Clean, charming and well-located” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

Save Saved
You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis)   |
Special Price
10% Off and Free WIFI
Ranked #85 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Boulder, Colorado
“Clean, charming and well-located”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Given the relatively inexpensive rate, I was concerned that this hotel was going to be a bit grungy and neglected, but instead it was awesome. Great atmosphere, clean and well-equipped rooms, plenty of space for a SF city hotel room, comfortable beds and pillows, good hot water pressure, and very well located. This will be my go-to hotel in the city from now on.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

565 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a very inviting place that make you feel at home each time you enter it. I got rear room that was very quiet and very clean at the 7th floor. This stay at the Warwick exceed my expectations. At last I dont think I could get a beter location to stay in SF than the place the Warwick is located.

• Stayed February 2013
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Drorkat,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent visit to San Francisco. We appreciate all your positive comments, especially that we could, “make you feel at home...”. I was happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you to Warwick San Francisco Hotel.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

First trip to SF since 2005. I came for a conference and decided to go late, so hotel selection was limited. I am SO happy it was, as I booked a hotel a little bit away from the conference site, and discovered the Warwick. Very nice hotel, my room was very nice; but what I really appreciated was the care and attentiveness of the wonderful people who work there. From the time I arrived, and every time I walked through the lobby, or had a question, they were responsive, knowledgable and really just a pleasure to interact with. I wish I could have this experience everytime I travel. The Warwick is special, because of it's people and I will come back.

Room Tip: Second floor is great for quick access.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was my second trip to SF in 2012 and this time we stayed for a little less than a week, at the very end of October.
I booked this trip using the Priceline negotiator. I must admit I was surprised because I had been bidding for 3-stars in the Union Square area -- when I wound up with this one I was rather disappointed because it's on the very cusp of Union Square, bordering on the Tenderloin. Along with the seemingly less than ideal location, I also noticed there were many mixed reviews on this hotel.

THE GOOD
* Friendly and helpful staff. -- (Except for their inability to give us a room with two twin beds for our week long stay.)
* Rooms were clean -- however, the classic style of the furniture and decor might not be for everyone.
* Location -- close enough to Union Square, the Westfield Mall, trolley stops, and BART. It does border the Tenderloin, so just try not to wander too far past Taylor Street.
* 24 hour shuttle service to Oakland and SFO airport.

THE BAD
* Be careful when booking, especially with priceline -- they classify it as a Union Square hotel, which is slightly misleading.
* No AC, and no heater (that I can remember)
* Rooms are kinda small -- we stayed in the basic room with only 1 bed, even though we had requested the 2 twin beds.

Overall, you pretty much pay for what you get. If you want more space and a really amazing room, you'll need to dish out more at another hotel. I walked in with really low expectations, so I was actually really surprised and pleased with how well it all worked out. I'd totally stay here again, only if it was that same rate -- or even cheaper ;)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear JennFreeman,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We appreciate your comments about our friendly staff and clean rooms. I was disappointed to learn that you did not get the room type you had requested. We do not list room types on sites such as Priceline and we always recommend booking directly with us so we can ensure a proper room type. In the end, I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit. If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you, again, for your honest and candid feedback.

Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel many times and it is EXCEPTIONAL. The staff is wonderful; the food excellent; the rooms delightful (especially the front suites), and it is perfect for the theaters nearby. Prices are moderate for San Francisco. ALways consistent and always a pleasure.
Don and Andrea, Valley of the Moon, Sonoma County

Room Tip: Front Suites are large and charming
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Don and Andrea,

Thank you so much for the glowing review. It is especially gratifying to hear these types of comments from a return guest. Also, thank you for pointing out the food. La Scene Café & Bar does a great job for both breakfast and dinner. Because it is a smaller restaurant it is easily overlooked. I am especially grateful for your comments regarding our staff. We are proud of our service and lucky to have such a genuine and caring team working with us. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to Warwick San Francisco Hotel.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Warwick Hotel is an excellent place to stay for a city trip. There are several good restaurants / diners just a few meters away. Union Square and shopping areas are also in walking distance.

Service is friendly and the wireless Internet connection fast an reliable.

Disappointing was only the breakfast. Buffet was quite expensive (12 USD) and very basic (no eggs, meat or cheese) and the a la carte meals were also not cheap and the portions rather small.

All in all I would recommend the hotel as it is very good value for the money.

• Stayed January 2013
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear bkkr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I was happy to see that our staff was able to make a positive impression during your stay. Thank you for mentioning our location, friendly staff and reliable wireless connectivity. Please accept my apologies for your experience at breakfast. We are constantly evaluating our breakfast offerings and your feedback is very important. We appreciate your patronage and thank you for staying with us. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you to Warwick San Francisco Hotel in the future.

East Hampton, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here back in the beginning of October for our anniversary for one night before we headed to Napa and Santa Cruz. There was a convention in town and accommodations were limited so we booked here. I can see why this hotel had open rooms. It was just a very odd experience. This hotel is very old. I know I am of a newer generation and tend to stay at Marriotts or Hiltons but this hotel was just way to eccentric.

The room just felt musty, dirty, and very dark. I did not want to sit in any of the chairs or couches in the room. There was dust in the room and it appeared that the rooms may just get a once over after someone checks out. Certainly my biggest complaint is the fact that there is no air conditioning. It was very hot out and not having air conditioning in a hotel in this generation just seems ridiculous. We were told at the front desk that you can feel free to open up the windows. The problem with that? Well lets see, you are in a very busy city with a lot going on. The noise kept us up all night. At one point I closed the window just to try and get a few hours of sleep at the expense of sweating. The next problem with this is...THERE ARE NO SCREENS ON THE WINDOWS! Our window was easily accessible from the fire escape for some person to get right into our room. Now not for nothing, I understand that someone could probably still get in our room with a screen on it but atleast that would afford me an extra minute.

There are however two decent points to this hotel. The location is very good. We walked everywhere and it was not a problem. We walked to the ferry building and to Fisherman's Wharf and back. It took about an hour to walk. The second part was the two guys at the front desk. They were helpful and friendly. They gave us some tips and walking directions.

Overall, my wife and I could not wait for the night to be over with so we could check out and move on to the Marriott in Napa. I would never stay here again and even though it was cheap, I wish I never paid the money to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear starsaber25,

Thank you for staying with Warwick San Francisco Hotel during your recent trip to San Francisco. We appreciate that you would take to time to share your thoughts with us. I was disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations. Our hotel is more traditional in design; however, we strive to provide a comfortable and enjoyable hospitality experience. Many of our guests enjoy our design and that we are not a “cookie cutter” hotel. Though, we do not currently have air conditioning, we are preparing to add this amenity in the near future. Luckily, San Francisco has a very temperate year round climate that typically does not require A/C, however, it seems to have been warmer than usual during your stay. That being said, we will be adding air conditioning in the very near future. Thank you for pointing out our great location and wonderful staff. Again, we appreciate your feedback.

Eric Halliday

Been to Warwick San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!