This was my second trip to SF in 2012 and this time we stayed for a little less than a week, at the very end of October.
I booked this trip using the Priceline negotiator. I must admit I was surprised because I had been bidding for 3-stars in the Union Square area -- when I wound up with this one I was rather disappointed because it's on the very cusp of Union Square, bordering on the Tenderloin. Along with the seemingly less than ideal location, I also noticed there were many mixed reviews on this hotel.
* Friendly and helpful staff. -- (Except for their inability to give us a room with two twin beds for our week long stay.)
* Rooms were clean -- however, the classic style of the furniture and decor might not be for everyone.
* Location -- close enough to Union Square, the Westfield Mall, trolley stops, and BART. It does border the Tenderloin, so just try not to wander too far past Taylor Street.
* 24 hour shuttle service to Oakland and SFO airport.
* Be careful when booking, especially with priceline -- they classify it as a Union Square hotel, which is slightly misleading.
* No AC, and no heater (that I can remember)
* Rooms are kinda small -- we stayed in the basic room with only 1 bed, even though we had requested the 2 twin beds.
Overall, you pretty much pay for what you get. If you want more space and a really amazing room, you'll need to dish out more at another hotel. I walked in with really low expectations, so I was actually really surprised and pleased with how well it all worked out. I'd totally stay here again, only if it was that same rate -- or even cheaper ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just two blocks from Union Square, amid the city's theater and art scene, the newly renovated Warwick San Francisco embodies a luxurious home-away-from-home style where hospitality is paramount and well-being is the ultimate goal. Fusing the building's authentic history with modern hospitality, the hotel features 74 individual guest rooms, which includes 20 suites, each designed in the traditional Beaux-Arts method and exquisitely styled with unexpected contemporary touches. The Warwick San Francisco is located at 490 Geary Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Loews Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Warwick San Francisco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Hotel San Francisco
- Warwick San Francisco
- San Francisco Warwick