“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

Save Saved
You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #89 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Tacoma
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had a wonderful suite that separated into two rooms with TWO bathrooms. The location was in the heart of the Union Square dist. The staff was extremely helpful and always cheerful. I felt like they truly cared about my comforts. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Pa’Mela G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and would be willing to return. We appreciate your comments regarding our staff and location; it is always nice to hear. We look forward to your next visit to San Francisco and Warwick San Francisco Hotel.

Regards,

Eric Halliday

584 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
South Lake Tahoe, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My heart sank as I realized I had left my address book with all my personel info, credit cards and PWs in our room at the Warwick. I called and was relived to hear they had found it right were I left it. Vickie the excecutive houskeeper went directly to the Post office and mailed it. I recieved it 2 days later intact. I want to commend Vickie for making me a priority in her busy day. The room was clean, friendly staff, great location. Good value for service and location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Alan788,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful example of customer service. I was very happy to see that Vicky was able to get your address book back to you in short order. We are lucky to have her leading our housekeeping department. She truly goes above and beyond each day to make our guests stay comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you, again, for recognizing Vicky’s efforts.

Regards,

Eric Halliday
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had found the hotel online (we've had good luck with the one in NYC) and I booked directly with the hotel getting an extremely good Senior rate. I also asked for a quiet room. When we checked it, the room was more than a little tired-really needed some TLC, and was overlooking Geary. Many thanks to Sean, the manager, and especially Nestor on the desk at the time for moving us to an absolutely gorgeous room. When you book, ask for 803! All the staff were not just pleasant, but charming and you are a few steps from Union Square. It was a combination business/pleasure trip and we will definitely be back to the Warwick as opposed to other SF places we've stayed.

Room Tip: You have the option of a reduced fee for a nearby fitness center. Also not all the rooms have AC, so...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rockville, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Wonderful location. Close to Union Square. On race day all I had to do was role out of bed and my pace corral was at the hotel! Close to all night diner, good restaurants, Starbucks, trolleys and shopping. had a suite with two baths so we could be with our kids but not BE with our kids. Great price and nice staff. Great minibar!

Room Tip: The suites can be joined for even larger accomodations.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Warwick for a four day conference . Came in late on a Thursday and was greeted warmly by the front desk staff. Contrary to the bigger hotels, the front desk here is miniscule but was hugely compensated by their warm & personable staff.
My family joined me after 2 nights and was upgraded (for a fraction of the cost of my deluxe room) to an executive front suite.
The LOCATION is great, too. We just walked our way to Union Square and surrounding areas, which is NOT usually easy with kids under ten in tow.

• Stayed December 2011
Ashland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Charming old-style decor, fairly quiet for right in the middle of San Francisco, great location to walking to shops and restaurants, much cheaper than all of the surrounding nice hotels. I was here for a conference with a friend and my partner came in for the weekend, so it was great for both business and pleasure. I had a room with 2 beds for when my friend was here and asked if they could change me to a queen room for when my partner came in and they were very gracious about it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband's sudden death sent me scurrying to S.F. Unfortunately, they were booked! I talked with the manager and she said she would check for cancelations! So I arrived Wednesday and there were no single rooms to let, but they just happen to have a suite! And an additional upgrade! So here I lie I a queen bed with it's on bathroom and I am looking into the well appointed sitting room with it's own bathroom, too! Exquisite appointed furniture! I feel I am Ms. O'Shaunssey in the Maltese Falcon! Room service for sumptuous dishes & Champagne in the refrigerator, oh dear! I did not get a fireplace or a balcony, but I have a fire escape! So all you people go some other hotel, it is too cold to sleep under the bridge! Thanks

Room Tip: Corner of Taylor and Geary are the best rooms!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Warwick San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!