“Location, Price, Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Warwick San Francisco Hotel

Save Saved
You added Warwick San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Warwick San Francisco Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   490 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly The Warwick Regis)   |
Special Price
10% Off and Free WIFI
Ranked #85 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Boston, Massachusetts
“Location, Price, Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had found the hotel online (we've had good luck with the one in NYC) and I booked directly with the hotel getting an extremely good Senior rate. I also asked for a quiet room. When we checked it, the room was more than a little tired-really needed some TLC, and was overlooking Geary. Many thanks to Sean, the manager, and especially Nestor on the desk at the time for moving us to an absolutely gorgeous room. When you book, ask for 803! All the staff were not just pleasant, but charming and you are a few steps from Union Square. It was a combination business/pleasure trip and we will definitely be back to the Warwick as opposed to other SF places we've stayed.

Room Tip: You have the option of a reduced fee for a nearby fitness center. Also not all the rooms have AC, so...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

565 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Rockville, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Wonderful location. Close to Union Square. On race day all I had to do was role out of bed and my pace corral was at the hotel! Close to all night diner, good restaurants, Starbucks, trolleys and shopping. had a suite with two baths so we could be with our kids but not BE with our kids. Great price and nice staff. Great minibar!

Room Tip: The suites can be joined for even larger accomodations.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Warwick for a four day conference . Came in late on a Thursday and was greeted warmly by the front desk staff. Contrary to the bigger hotels, the front desk here is miniscule but was hugely compensated by their warm & personable staff.
My family joined me after 2 nights and was upgraded (for a fraction of the cost of my deluxe room) to an executive front suite.
The LOCATION is great, too. We just walked our way to Union Square and surrounding areas, which is NOT usually easy with kids under ten in tow.

• Stayed December 2011
Ashland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Charming old-style decor, fairly quiet for right in the middle of San Francisco, great location to walking to shops and restaurants, much cheaper than all of the surrounding nice hotels. I was here for a conference with a friend and my partner came in for the weekend, so it was great for both business and pleasure. I had a room with 2 beds for when my friend was here and asked if they could change me to a queen room for when my partner came in and they were very gracious about it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband's sudden death sent me scurrying to S.F. Unfortunately, they were booked! I talked with the manager and she said she would check for cancelations! So I arrived Wednesday and there were no single rooms to let, but they just happen to have a suite! And an additional upgrade! So here I lie I a queen bed with it's on bathroom and I am looking into the well appointed sitting room with it's own bathroom, too! Exquisite appointed furniture! I feel I am Ms. O'Shaunssey in the Maltese Falcon! Room service for sumptuous dishes & Champagne in the refrigerator, oh dear! I did not get a fireplace or a balcony, but I have a fire escape! So all you people go some other hotel, it is too cold to sleep under the bridge! Thanks

Room Tip: Corner of Taylor and Geary are the best rooms!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Ivyland, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Good location, good service, reasonably clean, well maintained. But the good things stop there. All I ask is for a quiet, comfortable room, good shower, & nice mattress - and it was just the bed that was fine.

The old hotel isn't quiet. Floorboards squeaked a lot, plumbing (mine and my neighbors') made harsh noises, shower was pretty lame, and I can hear everything going on outside - in the streets, hallways, and rooms next to me. There is no closet, and the small hanging rod in the wardrobe is narrow and goes from front to back - making it mostly inaccessible.

Lighting is bad - especially at the sink. Old fixtures.

No air conditioning. There is a ceiling fan. However, during my stay the weather turned Indian Summer - near 80-degrees. The room was pretty warm, even with the fan.

I stayed here because of the price (from a discount bidding site). I got what I paid for in SF, which isn't much. Hopefully, the next time I'm in SF it'll be at company expense so I can choose a slightly better hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ehalliday, General Manager at Warwick San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Mikek0118,

Many of our guests enjoy the fact that we are a classic hotel and appreciate the more traditional style. The hotel is 100 years old and has some character that the brand new hotels are missing. We are planning a renovation for later next year, but are planning to keep with our classic style. San Francisco has a very temperate year round climate and as such, we do not need air conditioning except on occasion. Even with that in mind, we are currently evaluating the options to add air conditioning during our future renovation. Thank you for pointing out the positives, as well, especially our location and good service. We appreciate your comments and patronage.

Regards,

Eric Halliday
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A small European style hotel with comfortable rooms and good location but not all the amenities of a larger chain. I had no phone reception in my room which was annoying. Very noisy at night even though my room faced the alley. Very nice staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Warwick San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!