“Everything I expected and more...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Stockton Street, at California Street, San Francisco, CA 94108   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Savor Breakfast for Two
Ranked #26 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
San Diego, CA
“Everything I expected and more...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

After extensive research of the various upscale hotels in San Francisco, I chose the Ritz Carlton based on other reviews and the great location. This hotel was one of the few I have experienced that is as beautiful and stunning in person as it is in the pictures. All of the staff were extremely courteous and professional. This hotel is the true symbol of elegance, and would be my only choice in San Francisco. We were upgraded to a suite upon check in and the room was amazing. There are not enough good things I can say about this hotel, but I highly recommend it and it made my vacation amazing!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

884 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

The Ritz-Carlton is located conveniently to all the hotspots in SF. It is a very luxurious five-star hotel. I demand luxury at every hotel I stay at and this meets my standards. The service was great. Everyone was friendly. Worth every penny. very luxurious. :)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

We had a nice Suite in a quiet setting. The atmosphere is fine, gravelike at the restaurants.
We celebrated NYE at this hotel "Glitz at the Ritz" within a 3 night stay. The selection for breakfast was just average, service can't match upscale 5* competitors . Dinner selection and qualiy is far away of what SF has to offer.
This hotel reaches and offers the AAA 5* standards. So there is no reason to mention those.

Yes, the Ritz-Carlton SF is ok incl. pricing - depending what you expect. Good service we experienced worldwide is whenever you get more than you expect. Friendliness is one side, capability and experience in hosting guests the other. The Ritz-Carlton has a high reputation which SF not fulfills.
Therefore we will try a competitor next time at SF.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

This hotel is in a great position for Nob Hill ,Union Square and China Town and just a short taxi ride (less than $10) to the waterfront.
I was concerned about the noise from the traffic when we first arrived however it was quiet at night and we had no problem sleeping. They have the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.
We only ate breakfast at the hotel which was fine however their coffee needs to be improved.
The staff - except for the girl at check out - were exceptional.
I do not understand why US 5 star hotels do not offer free wireless internet. In this day and age surely this is expected.
Not much more to add except I highly recommend this hotel and will be certain to stay there if we ever return to San Fran.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Englewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

One of the good properties on the Ritz Carlton roll, with great quiet location, great rooms. 5 star quality as expected, nothing on outstanding side but again this is San Francisco, not a resort type of property. Restaurant is very good. We also enjoyed the quietness, since there are absolutely no crowds of tourists.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Sidney, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

We just returned from 4 nights at the Ritz Carleton, in celebration of our 25th anniversary. What a a wonderful experience we had at this hotel! The building itself is stunning--very elegant and well-appointed and the service we received was second to none, including some special touches by staff in honor of our anniversary. The staff at the concierge desk were very knowledgeable and accommodating and recommended the perfect dinner spot for our anniversary dinner (The Fleur de Lys Restaurant--if you love fine French food and are looking for something special, I would highly recommend this restaurant).
We were looking for something special for our anniversary and found it at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2009

For the moment I arrived, I could feel the difference in the service of the Ritz Carlton. I was greeted by name by the bell boy (he got the name off my luggage when he took it out of the car), another Gentleman offered me champagne while I was waiting to check in, the rooms are luxurious and the location is close to everything. just a few minutes from the cable car stop which can take you to Fisherman's wharf and Chinatown or you can go in the opposite direction and head downtown.

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco? Share your experiences!