The Ritz is the Ritz. Great customer service, great amenities, and nice rooms. The SF Ritz had all that, but there are definitely many more Ritz's that provide a greater value.
Things that seemed a little underwhelming included the fact that the SF Ritz is located on top of a hill, valet parking is expensive, the spa doesn't offer couples massages, there is no pool, the view isn't amazing, and the hotel itself is located in Chinatown.
Nevertheless... again, the basic Ritz embodiment of service and high end rooms are still here. Can't complain about that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within a 1909 landmark building in the scenic neighborhood of Nob Hill, The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco, the city's only AAA Five-Diamond hotel provides convenient access to the best of San Francisco and features the historic cable car right outside its doors. Offering globally-inspired California cuisine and seasonal cocktails at Parallel 37, the largest luxury Club Level experience in San Francisco, and recently renovated guest rooms and suites as well as meetings and special events space, the 336-room Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco provides the ultimate in personalized Ritz-Carlton service, comfort and luxury. The hotel received a "World's Best Award" by Travel + Leisure for 2014 and Conde Nast Traveler has placed the hotel on the "Gold List" as the top San Francisco hotel for 17 consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Odigeo, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Marriott and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Ritz Carlton
- Ritz San Francisco
- Ritz-Carlton San Francisco