“Club Level was a slice of Heaven!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco

You added The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Stockton Street, at California Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 (Chinatown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jupiter, Florida
“Club Level was a slice of Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We were blown away by the outstanding service on the club level (8th floor) of The Ritz Carlton in San Francisco. The beds were extremely comfortable and Corrine kept our room spotless. The lounge was well attended and Leo went above and beyond to help me by getting me an ice bag for an injured neck and even saved some of my favorite soup so I could enjoy it the following day. The next day when I asked for it to be heated it up not only was it brought to our room they were kind enough to ask the chef for the recipe because I shared that I enjoy making soup at home! It is this type of thoughtful, considerate gestures that make us loyal Ritz Carlton customers. In addition, Michael, drove us in one of the hotel's cars to a restaurant on the water that we were too tired to walk to the first night we were in town. We told the hostess at the restaurant (I am sorry I have forgotten her name) we wanted to sit somewhere with a beautiful view and eat seafood. She made a perfect suggestion and we had a great meal with a gorgeous view of the Bay Bridge. Every time I walked back into the hotel I was warmly greeted and bottles of water were available. The food offerings on the club level were very good. I especially liked the smoked salmon in the morning.
5 stars! Many thanks to the outstanding staff.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I am a little wary of vintage hotels. Remodeled historic landmarks, especially, are rarely the style that appeals to us. However, we decided to venture outside our comfort zone with the Ritz.

Located a block away from the edge of Chinatown, the Ritz SF is comfortably near/far to good food and culture. The interior of the property is light and pristine, especially important to avoid the historic, but run-down look. There is a restaurant on site (Parallel 37), as well as a wonderful lobby bar with twenty foot floor-to-ceiling windows.

The bath products are from Asprey, an interesting choice that worked. Additionally, the tea cabinet located in the atrium to the room was a nice detail. A great stay overall. The service was top notch, and the property had character, without being overly burdensome with its history.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The club level room and service were excellent as usual. However, the team went above and beyond the call of duty to respond to my unusual request. I needed a button sown on to my suit 10 min before a very important meeting. Despite the fact that the seamstress was not in, the gentleman at the front desk managed to find someone who could do it and had the suit ready for me in time. I was ensured a professional look during the meeting and the Ritz is ensured a lifelong fan.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Read a lot of reviews on this hotel property and hence was curious to try it. I too have been a previous customer of the St Regis in SF, but my last 2 stays there were not up to my expectations and quite frankly, the service levels there have deteriorated quite significantly. Hence, I looked for other options in SF.

Location wise, this hotel is not at the best spot as it is up a steep hill and if you are not fond of walking uphill several times a day, this hotel may not be suited for you. I actually saw a number of hotel guests panting away while walking to the hotel, carrying shopping bags. So while it seems deceptively near to Union Square, you need to consider the uphill road from the Square to the hotel.

Check in was efficient enough, though not with the usual warmth you would expect of a Ritz Carlton. However, the Club Lounge staff made up for it by being very courteous and helpful at all times. The room I got was a sort of junior suite. It was recently refurbished, so it looked quite new. The bed was firm enough and the bathroom was ok, but the fixtures did not seem modern nor updated. Also, the door to the bathroom was rattling away when closed, which was something that could not be rectified.

The in-room wifi was horrendous and often times did not work at all. I think that is generally unacceptable in this day and age.

Housekeeping was generally prompt and efficient. They kept the room very clean and tidy. There were also nice small touches which you would come to expect of a Ritz Carlton, which I appreciated.

The Club Lounge served breakfast, which was rather limited in it's choices of food and after a few days, it got rather dull and boring. In addition, there were afternoon snacks and evening canapés and drinks. Quite generous, but at times, the lounge got too crowded and the staff seemed to struggle to keep the place from being too much like a fish market. So the feeling of exclusivity was sometimes not evident.

The concierge was very helpful and highly professional. All in all, it was a good stay for me, but somehow, it lacked the extra "oomph ..." you would expect for a rather hefty price to pay.

chico, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Been a while since I've been to the Ritz SF. Traditionally I stay at the St. Regis given I'm a starwood member and its more centrally located.

Stayed last night and was throughly impressed. Rooms have been upgraded to look less like a Victorian play, and more contemporary.

In addition the service has been impeccable. I had weird dietary requirements while staying and Richard went absolutely above and beyond to accommodate me, even coordinating with other members of the staff to ensure that I was fully accommodated at all the lunches and dinners I attended. Room was outfitted with a fridge and microwave as well for the food I had to bring as well, front desk and bellman did a great job as well.

While I have favored the Regis, I may have to rethink that and weigh it evenly against the Ritz.

Thanks-

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor overlooking the entry to the hotel. Was very nice.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My spouse and I were visiting his family and spent the weekend at the executive club suite.
The suite was newly refurbished and almost finished. The mini fridges were both missing but the hotel graciously brought up a small fridge and stuck it near where the living rooms mini should have been. The music player was a bit antiquated as it only fit the original iPhone plug not the current small version. I was hoping to find the mechanized Japanese style toilets we have encountered in other Ritz establishments I.e. Seoul but alas just normal American with no built in rinse.... Also the guest bathroom faucet is so close to the edge of the sink, it gets a little tricky washing hands. Perhaps our biggest disappointment was the weekend caviar tasting at the Club turned out to be Paddlefish roe, "American caviar" perhaps but still not quite the real thing.... Overall we did enjoy the club level and do recommend it.

Room Tip: Our suite lacked the mini-fridge but one was brought up, I imagine in time this will be rectified.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dix Hills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were upgraded to the Club Level to Room 859. Had a great view of the Coit Tower. Room had recently been renovated and it was beautiful. Alexander in the Club Room arranged a wonderful car and driver to the Napa Valley. Angel our driver was just great!
Everyone went out of their way to make our stay memorable. Would love to return.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet and it faced Powell.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco? Share your experiences!