“Really delivers the goods” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco

You added The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Stockton Street, at California Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 (Chinatown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dix Hills, New York
“Really delivers the goods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were upgraded to the Club Level to Room 859. Had a great view of the Coit Tower. Room had recently been renovated and it was beautiful. Alexander in the Club Room arranged a wonderful car and driver to the Napa Valley. Angel our driver was just great!
Everyone went out of their way to make our stay memorable. Would love to return.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet and it faced Powell.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The room we had felt dirty and outdated, especially for a place that charges $500 or so a night. Staff was courteous and room service was awesome. Overall though way overpriced compared to other hotels in the SF area, probably won't be going back to the Ritz on our next vacation out west.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Bruce G, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco, responded to this review, yesterday
Greetings Robert,

My thanks for the feedback and comments. I appreciate the positive comments on room service for which I will share with my team. In regards to the comments regarding old and tired, your stay must have been prior to our recently completed over $30 million dollar renovation that included a full redo of our guestrooms that turned out beautifully. I hope you have the chance to return and give us your thoughts. I wish you well

Kind regards,

Bruce
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was the 4th or 5th time we have stayed and first since the 30 million dollar renovation.

Overall the service was excellent and the Club Level always exceeds our expectations.

The only fault is the Check In process. Other reviews here also point to Check In being a weak point in Customer Service. The Front Desk did a very poor job accommodating us on our 1 hour early arrival.

After some dissatisfaction, the Club Level did make amends which will definitely bring us back to this Hotel.

It is pretty funny when people complain about the location being on top of a Hill. This is San Francisco and being in the Nob Hill district of the City is actually a luxury. A high rent district in a high rent city.

Overall we will be back; probably though with UBER the entire stay since no need to rent a car from the airport if you are just staying local. $72 for valet is a little steep.

Cheers

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I really enjoyed my stay and found them taffy to be super helpful, especially with giving suggestions for things to do nearby. The location is an easy walk to Union square (a bit of ann uphill heart waker on the way back) and to north beach.

The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.

The rooms are nice and fresh feeling, but not particularly big. The bathroom is functional, but from an older era. But neither of these "short-comings" take away from the feeling of the place, which is that you are a pampered guest enjoying them best of the best.

Breakfast at Parrallel 37 was delicious.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for 5 fantastic nights on the club floor. Staying for a much needed getaway and only left the hotel 3 times. The staff was the best. They all made sure I had whatever I needed. I got a package that included transportation to and from airport. I intend on writing a letter to the manager letting him know how much I enjoyed the accommodations as well as the outstanding service I received throughout my stay. I will certainly be back soon.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had high expectations when going to the SF Ritz-Carlton but we were very disappointed.

Checking in was to start a real problem. On the web page the hotel stated that they had a special check-in for children and some gifts to be given. I called a few days before to inform we had two children with us and gave their names. As we arrived there was nothing at all for the children and for sure no special check in. The room was not ready and when it was, there was no extra bed as we had asked for. When we came back from dinner late, the bed was still not there.

After asking about the check in, thw cleaner brought presents for the children in form of some drawing kits you get in cheap restaurants and two T-shirts with the Ritz logo. The quality of the T-shirts were so bad I would not even let our kids sleep in them. I don't mind if there is nothing special for kids, but then the hotel should not put it as a reason to pick this hotel.

Apart from this, the hotel feels dated and too busy as if the really try to squezze every last buck out of it.

Stayed August 2014
Bruce G, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Andreas,

Thank you so much for your review. I did notice that you stayed almost 8 months ago. Since you were here, we have had a $30 plus million dollar renovation which I hope you will have a chance to experience. We have also augmented our Ritz Kids program and have a separate Kids check in station adjacent to the front desk. The service issue you mention has been shared with my team as a learning moment and as I mentioned, I hope will come back and see the tremendous changes the renovation has made to this beautiful hotel. I wish you well and thank you again for taking the time to share your comments.
Warm regards,

Bruce
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently visited the Ritz Carlton for the second time in about nine months. The renovated guest rooms are beautiful. The service is superb. The food in the bar is great. Concierge was pleasant and informative. A perfect urban hotel and my favorite in SF.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco? Share your experiences!