“Great staff and great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco

You added The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Stockton Street, at California Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 (Chinatown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saudi Arabia
“Great staff and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I really enjoyed my stay and found them taffy to be super helpful, especially with giving suggestions for things to do nearby. The location is an easy walk to Union square (a bit of ann uphill heart waker on the way back) and to north beach.

The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.

The rooms are nice and fresh feeling, but not particularly big. The bathroom is functional, but from an older era. But neither of these "short-comings" take away from the feeling of the place, which is that you are a pampered guest enjoying them best of the best.

Breakfast at Parrallel 37 was delicious.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed for 5 fantastic nights on the club floor. Staying for a much needed getaway and only left the hotel 3 times. The staff was the best. They all made sure I had whatever I needed. I got a package that included transportation to and from airport. I intend on writing a letter to the manager letting him know how much I enjoyed the accommodations as well as the outstanding service I received throughout my stay. I will certainly be back soon.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had high expectations when going to the SF Ritz-Carlton but we were very disappointed.

Checking in was to start a real problem. On the web page the hotel stated that they had a special check-in for children and some gifts to be given. I called a few days before to inform we had two children with us and gave their names. As we arrived there was nothing at all for the children and for sure no special check in. The room was not ready and when it was, there was no extra bed as we had asked for. When we came back from dinner late, the bed was still not there.

After asking about the check in, thw cleaner brought presents for the children in form of some drawing kits you get in cheap restaurants and two T-shirts with the Ritz logo. The quality of the T-shirts were so bad I would not even let our kids sleep in them. I don't mind if there is nothing special for kids, but then the hotel should not put it as a reason to pick this hotel.

Apart from this, the hotel feels dated and too busy as if the really try to squezze every last buck out of it.

Stayed August 2014
Bruce G, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Andreas,

Thank you so much for your review. I did notice that you stayed almost 8 months ago. Since you were here, we have had a $30 plus million dollar renovation which I hope you will have a chance to experience. We have also augmented our Ritz Kids program and have a separate Kids check in station adjacent to the front desk. The service issue you mention has been shared with my team as a learning moment and as I mentioned, I hope will come back and see the tremendous changes the renovation has made to this beautiful hotel. I wish you well and thank you again for taking the time to share your comments.
Warm regards,

Bruce
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently visited the Ritz Carlton for the second time in about nine months. The renovated guest rooms are beautiful. The service is superb. The food in the bar is great. Concierge was pleasant and informative. A perfect urban hotel and my favorite in SF.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My stay at the Ritz-Carlton was during the week and it was superb. The staff was excellent. The room renovations turned out beautiful. The new colors are tasteful and inviting. I enjoyed my stay. I only had one meal at the hotel- breakfast- which was very good. With all of the great restaurants in San Francisco, I had to go out. But, if you like to stay in, Parallel 37 was delicious.

Room Tip: My room was at the end of a hallway and overlooked the terrace area of the hotel. It was quiet and r...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
White River
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As business hotels go, this was an obvious choice of brand for me to choose as single woman travelling around the USA for work but it lacked soul and there was no warmth to the establishment at all.

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the size of the rooms great but it was all a bit lacking due to the nameless/faceless feeling that I felt during my stay. I had the same feeling at the Ritz-Carlton in Berlin in November 2013 so although I chose these hotels as I wanted to know what I was getting in a strange city with this well-known brand, I was left very disappointed in the end.

I would be reluctant to choose another Ritz-Carlton anywhere for the lack of care and service that I felt from both these two establishments sadly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Irvine, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We recently decided to take a long awaited read trip to Napa Valley, CA with two kids (teen and preschooler). After making it too San Francisco, we realized that we should stop for the night. We happened to pass by the Ritz on a detour through the city and decided to take our chances. What a find! From the moment we pulled up, the staff was warm, friendly, and engaging. The front desk staff quickly found a room on the Club Floor and would've upgraded us to a suite if one was available. The Club Floor was reasonable considering evening hors d' oeuvres, wine, and breakfast were included. The daily parking fee was also included which is not common for San Francisco hotels. Dino, the bellman, was an expert and wrangling our stuff to our room while entertaining both kids. The renovated two queen room looked exactly like the photos on the hotel's website. The hors d'oeuvres were filling and varied (lobster, grilled chicken, anchovies?) . The beds were sublime and the rooms were quiet. The next day the staff helped us map out a small walking trip thought the city. Upon checkout, Club Lounge staff prepared a small bag of cookies, snacks and water for the kids. I couldn't have been happier with the accommodations and service we received. Also, after chek-in RC staff found another "package" we qualified for and modified our bill to reflect the smaller amount. Two small (very small) criticisms: (1) No pool. My husband is an avid swimmer and primarily uses the pool for exercise. The RC needs a way for "swimming" guests to access a pool. (2) Crayons. The staff was slightly embarrassed that they did not have crayons with the welcome package for our child. Crayons really aren't a big deal but the staff member mentioned the RC had not restocked crayons for a while.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco? Share your experiences!