“Great Luxury Property in the City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco

You added The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Stockton Street, at California Street, San Francisco, CA 94108   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Savor Breakfast for Two
Ranked #23 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
Chandler
“Great Luxury Property in the City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Having been to SFO numerous times however have never stayed at the Ritz SFO and we are so glad we did.

Upon arrival we were given a warm welcomed by bell staff and front desk. We stayed on Club level and again very friendly and helpful.

We were going to warf for dinner, asked if we could get a cab, they provided one better their own car service to/from it was a nice mercedes very clean and the driver could have not been nicer!

After returung from dinner I was hoping to get a sweatshirt as I was a little cold and front desk informed me it was closed but that they would open it up for me. Now that is service!

This is a Ritz that I highly recommend and we will always stay here when we are visiting SFO

Room Tip: Club Level
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Turkish first
Delray Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The club level at the Ritz Carlton in SF is absolutely fabulous. The service is consistently outstanding. We had a rental car that they returned for us so we didn't have to get out again. The attention to detail is excellent because they seem to anticipate things before you know you need them. Everyone is gracious and helpful. Each time we returned to our room, it was spotless and fresh. We stayed there in October and returned again in June, to find that we were in the same room. The views, the food, the presentation of everything was superior! I was highly recommend staying at the Ritz. The location is great for walking to Chinatown or to Union Square. The bus and trolley stops are just a few steps away. Everything you could need or want is either at the hotel or close by.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had read a number of mediocre reviews before arriving at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby is pretty and spotless. Everyone we met was very kind and helpful. There was always something nice in the lobby such as fruited water, coffee, fortune cookies, or organic plums (delicious). We had a room on the lobby level (which is the 4th floor) that faced an inner courtyard. For a city it was pretty quiet. The room was nicely decorated and very comfortable. There were always cabs available when you walked out of the hotel and a cable car is on the corner. We found the location very central yet quiet. I would certainly stay in this hotel again when I return to San Francisco.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner courtyard are quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Our connecting suite and room were of a good size for our family of 5. The views of the city were ok, but some of the furniture (for example the TV) were oddly placed in front of the big windows, so the views were blocked and the rooms felt smaller than they actually were.
Location is ok, close to Chinatown, which the children enjoyed. The street directly in front of the hotel is busy, and immediate neighborhood is not charming.
The fitness room is acceptable. The spa, however, was a disappointment, both in terms of the facilities and the massage.
All in all I would choose differently next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were so pleased with our stay at the Ritz SF. The service was impeccable - everything was delivered promptly and with great attention to detail. The bell staff was courteous and super helpful. The housekeeping was very well done. Even room service, which at many RC's is good but not great - was excellent. Our suite was well appointed and well kept. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Have stayed here several times and am Marriott Platinum so I go out of my way to use Ritz/Marriott but will probably not be coming back here, with so many other great choices in the City. This visit was a big disappointment. I read these other reviews here and feel like I was at a different hotel.
The usual Ritz attention to detail was nowhere to be found here,
1. The desk lamp in my room was broken, the light bulb was actually hanging down to side. Housekeeping never noticed I guess as it remained that way for my full week stay. I mentioned it to a staff person in the lobby on way out to dinner one night and he assured me it would be fixed or replaced that night, but never got a new one.
2. The fitness center - I found only one of about six treadmills had both a functioning belt and television. Other five either did not work at all or had TV or belt issues. Well short of what I expect at a Ritz fitness center.
3. Rooms and bathrooms are showing their age and are in need of an update, which I understand will happen later this year.
4. The "business center" included only ONE computer with an attached printer that was actually in a dark hallway on the 2nd floor. Could not believe it. And since the single hallway computer was being used there was no way for me to print my boarding pass. Far from what one would expect for a Ritz business center.
5. Last but not least, had an after dinner drink at Parallel 37 lounge and service was terrible. Ordered our first drink which took a while to come, which was okay but not expected as it was not crowded. Server never retuned to ask if we wanted another round. After waiting and waiting I finally I had to go up to bar to ask for our bill.

Next time on Nob Hill I'll probably be at The Fairmont or the Huntington.

Room Tip: At these process wifi should be included. Only free if you are Marriott elite member.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jim B, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Ron S,

I appreciate that you took the time to review your experience and regret that we failed to provide you with anything less than an outstandingly superior stay. I would certainly welcome the opportunity to earn your confidence back in our fine hotel and can be reached at (415) 296-7465.

Warm regards,

Jim Bess
Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms Division
Malibu, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stay 3 nights get the 4 th free!
I booked jr suite which was spacious and quiet but was then upgraded to exec suite which was sensational ! Ask for #540 if you want a sunny quite 900 sq ft room with 2 baths! Amex gives you $60/ day for breakfast plus $100 to spend on anything you want . Add suite upgrade, 4 pm late check out and free 4 th night and it's the best deal in SF
Oh yes- service is spectacular and food exceptional . Bring kids and pets along too!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco? Share your experiences!