My wife and sons (8 & 10) had never been to San Francisco, so after 5 days of skiing at the Ritz at Lake Tahoe, we spent 3 days at the Ritz in San Francisco. WE LOVED IT!!
The visit got off on the right foot after I reached out to the club-level concierge looking for dining information for my wife and son who are on strict gluten-free diets. The concierge replied with typical lists of reservation recommendations; but shortly after, the pastry chef, Chef Cindy, responded with a very thorough and thoughtful reply with a bunch of great suggestions. We made some reservations and really felt taken care of! We have stayed at a lot of Ritz-Carltons, but Chef Cindy’s help went way above and beyond what we have experienced anywhere else!
- The location and hotel are great! Right on a cable-car route and an easy walk to lots of great “touristy” destinations. The walk home can be tough because it’s all uphill — a really BIG hill.
- The Club Level is better than most we’ve experienced. The lounge was big with lots of comfy chairs and spots for the boys to do homework. Chef Cindy made sure that there was an assortment of gluten-free stuff for us. We ate breakfast in the lounge everyday and were very satisfied.
- The room was very nice. Everything I’d expect from a great hotel.
- Our first night, we had dinner in the hotel at Parallel 37. The wait staff and Chef Michael were super helpful and our meals were awesome! We were stuffed and couldn’t eat dessert, which worked out great because the dessert spread in the club was fantastic! The boys asked to return to Parallel 37 the next night, but we needed to explore!
- The club concierges were super helpful in helping us find our way around the city. We did lots of touristy stuff: Alcatraz, the Exploratorium, Fisherman’s Wharf, cable cars, Chinatown, the Golden Date, Union Square, the Ferry Building farmers market, Lombard St, and lots of walking around!
- Chef Cindy! My son has commented how nice she was to him. She came and welcomed us in the club lounge and made sure he was comfortable with the gluten-free options — including an awesome tray of GF pastries she left in the room! Thanks Chef!!
- The hotel doesn’t have much for families — no pool and not much to do when the weather’s bad.
- The pros dramatically outweigh the cons...
It was a great stay! We’ll be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco is nestled in the heart of this amazing city, but miles away from an ordinary experience.Escape to this luxury hotel in San Francisco today. The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco is a Tier 3 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.This San Francisco luxury hotel features 336 guestrooms and suites, Parallel 37 - Ron Siegels chic, new restaurant, bar and lounge and a recently expanded, state of the art fitness facility, and much more. All just blocks from mainstay landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Ritz Carlton
- Ritz San Francisco
- Ritz-Carlton San Francisco