A very comfortable hotel in a wonderful location in SF. The staff were among the best that I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing, from housekeeping to concierge to front desk to the bar. Everyone went out of their way to make us as comfortable as humanly possible. We could not have been happier.
Well, we COULD have been happier, but the inconveniences we experienced did not dampen an otherwise solid stay.
- Extremely poor, virtually non-existent wireless service in our room. If you're going to charge for internet service, it should be strong and consistent. The staff provided us with an ethernet cable and did not charge us. Way to go, RC staff!
- One of our bath towels was thread-bare and with FIVE LARGE holes in it. We couldn't believe the housekeeping staff missed this. It was replaced immediately. Again, thank you staff!
- Improperly sized bed sheets. We woke up the first morning with the mattress sheet wrapped around us. I understand it's impossible to use fitted sheets, but... We were told this would be corrected, but the problem existed our entire stay. (We've not had this problem in other hotels, BTW, so it's not our sleeping habits!)
- The bar food was spectacular! Service prompt and attentive.
- The restaurant? We only ate breakfast and only sampled the breakfast buffet. It was disappointingly cold and flavorless food. And we had to flag down servers to get assistance. Breakfast shouldn't be this disappointing at the RC.
- Pool? My wife really wanted to swim -- it's her regular exercise -- but we were stunned to learn upon check-in that the hotel doesn't have a pool. The hotel DOES, however, have a pool listed as one of its amenities on the Web site. When we asked guest services about this, we were told that it's "hard" to change the Web site. Huh?
Would we stay there again? Definitely! Well worth the annoyances.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel San Francisco
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel
- San Francisco Ritz Carlton
- Ritz San Francisco
- Ritz-Carlton San Francisco
- San Francisco Ritz-Carlton
- San Francisco Ritz
- Ritz Carlton San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco is nestled in the heart of this amazing city, but miles away from an ordinary experience.Escape to this luxury hotel in San Francisco today. The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco is a Tier 3 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.This San Francisco luxury hotel features 336 guestrooms and suites, Parallel 37 - Ron Siegels chic, new restaurant, bar and lounge and a recently expanded, state of the art fitness facility, and much more. All just blocks from mainstay landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, EasyToBook, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.