Stayed here for a long weekend whilst in town for the opera. I've previously stayed elsewhere in San Francisco but decided to stay here for a change as my corporate rate was a great deal compared to the best online rates for other top hotels in town.
Great location with most of downtown within easy walking distance (provided you like walking up/down steep hills), although the California/Van Ness cable car does stop on Stockton right next to the hotel.
Staff were excellent and very welcoming and helpful.
Check-in was very prompt but they got my Marriott Rewards status wrong (although this was noticed at check-out and the receptionist did apologise!).
My room (king size facing the inside courtyard) was very comfortable and quiet, in fact the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in in a while. The room was always spotless when I returned after being out for the day and it was nice to have complimentary bottled water (for which far too many hotels still charge!).
As other reviewers have mentioned, the windows do open, so it is nice to get some fresh air rather than relying on aircon the whole time.
There was certainly a lot going on other hotel, but it felt relaxed and never rushed.
Some of the corridors are looking a bit sad. A good lick of paint and someone to straighten the wall mounted lights would help!
Often had to wait too long (once nearly five minutes when then the restaurant wasn't even busy) to be shown to a table for breakfast.
As other reviewers have mentioned, there was a lack of useful power sockets in the room and the ones on the desk did not work.
The wi-fi in the room was very slow and unstable, probably the worst I've experienced in a major hotel. It may have had something to do with the room location as wi-fi was better in the lobby and restaurant. But this shouldn't be an issue in any any hotel nowadays and if I had been here on business, this would have been a major issue as the connection didn't remain up long enough to download more than one email at a time.
I don't like the new coffee filter and paper cups Marriott has rolled out, and in a hotel like the Ritz-Carlton, it just looks cheap and out of place.
The Ritz-Carlton certainly is a great hotel and I would stay here again but it just needs to sort out a few little things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco is nestled in the heart of this amazing city, but miles away from an ordinary experience.Escape to this luxury hotel in San Francisco today. The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco is a Tier 3 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.This San Francisco luxury hotel features 336 guestrooms and suites, Parallel 37 - Ron Siegels chic, new restaurant, bar and lounge and a recently expanded, state of the art fitness facility, and much more. All just blocks from mainstay landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Ritz Carlton
- Ritz San Francisco
- Ritz-Carlton San Francisco