From the airport, this hotel is about a 20 minutes car ride. We didnt rent a car this trip but it costs us about 50 dollars for a taxi each way. Parking at the hotel I was told was over 50 dollars a day.
From the time we checked in tot he time we checked out the staff was very proffessional and kind. They told us about nearby restaurants to nearby shops. The Fairmont is walking distance to Union Square, and Chinatown. Going do 5 blocks was east but going back up wasnt so. But I like that kind of challenge so it didnt bother me.
The Fairmont does charge $13.00 a day for wifi, but if you sign up for the presidents club (which I didnt know until the last 2 days out of the 5 we were there) they will waive the fee. The bellboys and the conciere were also great. We booked a hop on hop off tour bus with them and it worked out great. Our view was amazing from our hotel with the view of downtown. No complaints, I would definately go back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-renowned, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a truly memorable experience. Known for turning moments into memories for leisure and business travelers alike this luxury San Francisco hotel has been host to some of the most influential meetings and events, breathtaking weddings and personalized special occasions of the century. Each of the San Francisco hotel's spacious guestrooms and suites have been elegantly updated including flat screen TVs, Frette linen ensembles, pillow top beds, and MP3 docking stations.In addition to its 591 guest rooms and suites this luxury San Francisco hotel offers fine dining with three renowned restaurants and lounges, as well as 55,000 square feet of spectacular function space. With a panoramic view of the City and the Bay from high atop Nob Hill, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an unmatched blend of luxurious accommodations, elegant meeting spaces and superb services, which make for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairmont San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Fairmont San Francisco
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont