This hotel is in a wonderful location . The rooms are fantastic , they are a good size with a great bathroom . The hotel is let down hugely by it's waiting staff , and the front desk . William the door man is great . I booked this hotel for my family for Xmas . Travelled from the UK. The hotel has a large Christmas tree and a gingerbread house which has attracted many locals . The problem is it has made the lobby very busy for the people staying at the hotel . Went down for breakfast this morning , was told there was a 30 minute wait , then when we were given a table another hour for the breakfast menu . The buffet was 32 dollars as that was the option but really was not worth it.
The issues are that if the hotel takes reservations for breakfast from people NOT staying at he hotel it is not going to cope . This means the hotel residents get a poor service and then write poor reviews .
Would I stay again at this hotel NO I wouldn't . Take a look at the place hotel in Monterey for a great hotel .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-renowned, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a truly memorable experience. Known for turning moments into memories for leisure and business travelers alike this luxury San Francisco hotel has been host to some of the most influential meetings and events, breathtaking weddings and personalized special occasions of the century. Each of the San Francisco hotel's spacious guestrooms and suites have been elegantly updated including flat screen TVs, Frette linen ensembles, pillow top beds, and MP3 docking stations.In addition to its 591 guest rooms and suites this luxury San Francisco hotel offers fine dining with three renowned restaurants and lounges, as well as 55,000 square feet of spectacular function space. With a panoramic view of the City and the Bay from high atop Nob Hill, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an unmatched blend of luxurious accommodations, elegant meeting spaces and superb services, which make for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairmont San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Fairmont San Francisco
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont