Disappointing arrival with no access to the front entrance of the hotel because of bus loads of non-residents blocking the entrance, drive way and the road to enter the hotel. We stayed in our car for so long we could not stay any longer so we were forced to carry all our luggage ( 7 pieces) without any assistance from the street curb to the front reception.
On entering the hotel we were confronted with an overwhelming noise and an unbelievable number of non-residents camping in the foyer and lobby areas. The noise was unbearable and one could hardly hear oneself think. We could hardly move in the lobby areas because of the masses of people (I have photo proof). When we asked the staff what these non-residents are doing the staff told us that they have come to see the popular ginger bread house. We don't mind others coming to see the hotel and it's splendour but the hotel management should make sure their paid guests are their first priority and provide the guests with all comforts. That's the whole reason we paid so much money to stay at the Fairmont and not stayed at a cheap motel !!!
The management should have a rule for non-residents to come in groups of 10 or less to enjoy the beauty of the hotel and leave as soon as possible. Not sit around and camp making a nuisance to the paid guests.
With the "soothing" background noise we could hardly hear the receptionist at check-in. Surprise number 3 followed. It took more than 3 hours for our luggage to be delivered from the reception to our room despite following up twice.
Then the icing on the cake: Our Christmas Eve dinner reservation that was made 4 months ago was "LOST". Our names were not even in the restaurant system. Luckily we checked! Thanks to Kevin who managed to secure us a special table as the restaurant was already fully booked.
We also spoke to Cristine at the reception regarding our disappointment and wanted to speak to the hotel manager. Cristine went in to the office and came out in a few seconds saying that the manager has gone out and promised that the manager will speak to us today. Few hours have passed and we are still waiting to hear from the hotel manager............ We haven't heard from the reception either.
In short, highly disappointed with the service in what is supposed to be an upper class establishment. We expected more from the Fairmont San Francisco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-renowned, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a truly memorable experience. Known for turning moments into memories for leisure and business travelers alike this luxury San Francisco hotel has been host to some of the most influential meetings and events, breathtaking weddings and personalized special occasions of the century. Each of the San Francisco hotel's spacious guestrooms and suites have been elegantly updated including flat screen TVs, Frette linen ensembles, pillow top beds, and MP3 docking stations.In addition to its 591 guest rooms and suites this luxury San Francisco hotel offers fine dining with three renowned restaurants and lounges, as well as 55,000 square feet of spectacular function space. With a panoramic view of the City and the Bay from high atop Nob Hill, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an unmatched blend of luxurious accommodations, elegant meeting spaces and superb services, which make for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tablet Hotels, Amex, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Fairmont San Francisco
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont