Currently staying here ... I've stayed at other Fairmonts so was really looking forward to this stay but sadly I'm really disappointed for the following reasons (they may be little but it's the small things that count):
- It's 2014 and wifi is free pretty much everywhere (including on the street in front of the hotel) but nowhere inside the hotel (not even in the lobby!) So be prepared to pay $14 per night for that!
- Booked a room for 2 people but they wanted to charge $90 extra a night to put us in a room with 2 beds!!
- Needed to print 1 page off but found out we'd have to pay $5 dollars to do that
- When we arrived no one was there to help us with bags up the stairs ... the doorman didn't see us until we were already up
- Housekeeping is extremely noisy at 7.45am
- You don't even get slippers here!!
I most recently stayed at the Fairmont Shanghai and expected similar service but I know better than to trust the Fairmont name in future and will do more research before the next booking ... the overall meanness of the hotel just leaves a sour taste ...
Some good things are:
- The building (but you can look at that without staying here!)
- The location
- The cafe is OK for breakfast
We went down to Ghirardelli Square and saw the Fairmont there ... wished we had booked it instead! Great location and free wifi :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-renowned, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a truly memorable experience. Known for turning moments into memories for leisure and business travelers alike this luxury San Francisco hotel has been host to some of the most influential meetings and events, breathtaking weddings and personalized special occasions of the century. Each of the San Francisco hotel's spacious guestrooms and suites have been elegantly updated including flat screen TVs, Frette linen ensembles, pillow top beds, and MP3 docking stations.In addition to its 591 guest rooms and suites this luxury San Francisco hotel offers fine dining with three renowned restaurants and lounges, as well as 55,000 square feet of spectacular function space. With a panoramic view of the City and the Bay from high atop Nob Hill, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an unmatched blend of luxurious accommodations, elegant meeting spaces and superb services, which make for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Reservation Counter, Agoda, Hotel.de, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairmont San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Fairmont San Francisco
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont