The Fairmont San Francisco was my first hotel for my first time visit in San Francisco! So worth it! I have left several reviews in the recent past concerning my love for luxury hotels but I also like to find the best deals. I went directly to their website and looked for a good deal and received a summer deal that was something along the lines of a beautiful city view in one of their renovated tower rooms (I would recommend you look for a room in the new tower side) that was stay for four nights / pay for three. Considering that luxury hotel rates in San Francisco could range up to over $600 per night, paying the average around $430 wasn't too bad.
Hotel stay: The Fairmont is historic and is the first Fairmont in the US. It is beautiful and has a class "old world" feel mixed with of course the new renovations. Breakfast here is amazing and you won't be disappointed. We only ate here for one of the mornings, however, because there are so many great restaurants to try out in San Francisco. More on this later . . . The rooms have a more modern décor which play nicely in contrast to the building itself. Bathroom is a nice size with large separate garden tub and a standing shower. Location is on Nob Hill and in walking distance within the city but the view on Nob Hill is breathtaking. A few blocks over, you can walk easily into the Chinatown district and there are lots to "bargain" for - definitely a can't miss on a trip to San Francisco.
I spent time shopping on Union Street (not Union Square). Don't miss Ambiance (a San Fran boutique which was voted as the top boutique for women's apparel) if you go to Union Street and I recommend going to Union Street Shops (and the website). Lots of cool patio restaurants here and great local shops. You can walk here but I took a cab (walk would be an easy 20-30 minutes).
Finally, dining wise, we didn't have enough time to go to a lot of places but personally went to The Slanted Door (Asian fusion), Allegro Romano (my FAVORITE during our stay with great personalized feel, food, and ambiance) for Italian, Wayfare Tavern (amazing dessert donuts!!!! and food here is southern / New American with a "twist" - restaurant owned by Tyler Florence), and an amazing brunch place off of California Street called MyMy (unique breakfast and lunch options). Of course, you can't miss Humphrey Slocumb ice cream - yummy cool flavors.
Hope this review helps on places to stay and places to see! Loved San Francisco and loved The Fairmont. Will definitely come back due to beauty of the place, accessibility, and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-renowned, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a truly memorable experience. Known for turning moments into memories for leisure and business travelers alike this luxury San Francisco hotel has been host to some of the most influential meetings and events, breathtaking weddings and personalized special occasions of the century. Each of the San Francisco hotel's spacious guestrooms and suites have been elegantly updated including flat screen TVs, Frette linen ensembles, pillow top beds, and MP3 docking stations.In addition to its 591 guest rooms and suites this luxury San Francisco hotel offers fine dining with three renowned restaurants and lounges, as well as 55,000 square feet of spectacular function space. With a panoramic view of the City and the Bay from high atop Nob Hill, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an unmatched blend of luxurious accommodations, elegant meeting spaces and superb services, which make for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, Amex, Hotel.de, BookingOdigeoWL, Reservation Counter and Agoda so you can book your The Fairmont San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Fairmont San Francisco
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont