Our three-day weekend at the Fairmont was lovely. All staff members we encountered were friendly and very helpful. At a hotel of this caliber, though, I expect a bellman to take my luggage from my taxi to the front desk, but there were none to be found at 2pm, so we lugged our own luggage inside - a minor pet peeve, to be sure, but still a peeve.
The lobby was grand and made us feel like celebrities of days gone by, and our recently renovated room in the tower was nicely appointed, peaceful and cozy. The city view was very nice, especially at night.
On our last night, we had dinner in the Tonga Room. The decor was kitschy at it's best, and the food and tropical drinks were delicious. The band started playing at about 8, as it was a Sunday night, and they were very enjoyable. Quite a few couples and teens got up to dance. Most people we could see were quite obviously enjoying themselves, as were we.
This was our first time in San Francisco, but we had such a great time that we'll be back, next time with our teen daughter, who enjoyed our stories of what a nice time we had. She will love the Tonga Room in particular, so we'll be back for dinner, even if we decide to try a different hotel.
We would definitely recommend the Fairmont.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-renowned, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a truly memorable experience. Known for turning moments into memories for leisure and business travelers alike this luxury San Francisco hotel has been host to some of the most influential meetings and events, breathtaking weddings and personalized special occasions of the century. Each of the San Francisco hotel's spacious guestrooms and suites have been elegantly updated including flat screen TVs, Frette linen ensembles, pillow top beds, and MP3 docking stations.In addition to its 591 guest rooms and suites this luxury San Francisco hotel offers fine dining with three renowned restaurants and lounges, as well as 55,000 square feet of spectacular function space. With a panoramic view of the City and the Bay from high atop Nob Hill, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an unmatched blend of luxurious accommodations, elegant meeting spaces and superb services, which make for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tablet Hotels, Hotels.com, Tingo, getaroom.com, Priceline, Amex, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Fairmont San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Fairmont San Francisco
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont