As soon as you walk into the vast, ornate foyer you see that this is a hotel that must need a lot of upkeep .. and they do it really well. Plentiful front desk staff made for an efficient check-in, welcome after a long journey.
My room was on the 12th floor of "The Tower". Huge window and great view over the south of the city which was a fine backdrop to my stay.
The room was large and comfortable, the bathroom also ornate, also roomy, and the housekeeping exemplary. Having read TripAdvisor in advance I registered for the Fairmont "President's Club" and received free internet access for the whole of my stay. I also received complimentary use of fitness clothing provided by the hotel for the duration ... a lovely touch.
I liked pretty much everything about the Fairmont. Staff were really good, and Concierge Monica excellent. I usually went to cafes but the one day I had breakfast there it was good although pricey. I used the bar several times for coffee, again, efficient service.
Struggling to think of many negatives. There were a lot of dogs staying and I would normally avoid a hotel which welcomes pets, being allergic to animal fur. But it wasn't an issue here, perhaps because housekeeping was so good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-renowned, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a truly memorable experience. Known for turning moments into memories for leisure and business travelers alike this luxury San Francisco hotel has been host to some of the most influential meetings and events, breathtaking weddings and personalized special occasions of the century. Each of the San Francisco hotel's spacious guestrooms and suites have been elegantly updated including flat screen TVs, Frette linen ensembles, pillow top beds, and MP3 docking stations.In addition to its 591 guest rooms and suites this luxury San Francisco hotel offers fine dining with three renowned restaurants and lounges, as well as 55,000 square feet of spectacular function space. With a panoramic view of the City and the Bay from high atop Nob Hill, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an unmatched blend of luxurious accommodations, elegant meeting spaces and superb services, which make for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Amex, Priceline, BookIt.com, Otel, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairmont San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Fairmont San Francisco
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont