Stayed one night on vacation. Here's my pro/con list:
- Grand lobby
- Tower Room views (worth every penny; don't miss the opportunity to upgrade)
- Rose 31 toiletries were a great find
- Great location (near everything, but away from the bustle)
- Stayed through bookit.com and got a 20% deal from the hotel's listed web price
- Tonga Room (this could go on both the con/pro list. It's historic, although some could debate that. And while it is "theme park like" and those sugary drinks could cause instant diabetes, it's still worth checking out.
- Yes, there are some dated features, but any historic Fairmont (Four Seasons) has this. It's not a deal breaker by any regard
- Nothing stays open past 1 a.m. (while this is a pro and a con) when you are two time zones different from your normal clock, this can prove difficult
Summary: Book it. It was worth it. Also, the Huntington Hotel was down the street and it too looked very nice. Would be perfect for couples.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel
- Fairmont San Francisco
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-renowned, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a truly memorable experience. Known for turning moments into memories for leisure and business travelers alike this luxury San Francisco hotel has been host to some of the most influential meetings and events, breathtaking weddings and personalized special occasions of the century. Each of the San Francisco hotel's spacious guestrooms and suites have been elegantly updated including flat screen TVs, Frette linen ensembles, pillow top beds, and MP3 docking stations.In addition to its 591 guest rooms and suites this luxury San Francisco hotel offers fine dining with three renowned restaurants and lounges, as well as 55,000 square feet of spectacular function space. With a panoramic view of the City and the Bay from high atop Nob Hill, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an unmatched blend of luxurious accommodations, elegant meeting spaces and superb services, which make for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Hotels.com, Tingo, Orbitz, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, EasyToBook, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairmont San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.