I agree with most of the reviews-staff was great. Just wish the room had an en suite coffee maker. The Great Little Centro Cafe is only open from 6am-6pm. Wish it was open until midnight.
I would recommend getting a MUNI transit pass as soon as you get there as the location on Nob Hill is hard on the legs-easy going downhill though. The pass is only $27 for 7 days (one and three day passes are also available) and is good on all buses, streetcars, and cable cars (single fare is $6.00 alone for cable car otherwise). It is easy (and almost necesssary) to use the cable cars for regular transportation as a result (the Powell Line to the Warf and Market St.) and the California line down to the Embarcadaro-Ferry Terminal (e/b) or Polk St restaurant area (w/b). The #1 California trolley bus is also great to get from the hotel down to the Embarcadaro via China Town (runs w/b on Sacramento St. at the north edge of the hotel and runs e/b one block north). Passes are available at the Muni booth adjacent to the cable car turntable at Market and Powell. The historic street car F line is great too going from the Castro district to the Ferry Building and then to Fisherman's warf. Muni maps are $3.00 and well worth it. We also went to a hockey game at the Cow Palance on the #8x bus and out to the ocean (Cliff House) on the 38 Geary. Sure got our money's worth. Ps-the hotel is about a $42.00 cab ride from the airport.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Fairmont San Francisco
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-renowned, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a truly memorable experience. Known for turning moments into memories for leisure and business travelers alike this luxury San Francisco hotel has been host to some of the most influential meetings and events, breathtaking weddings and personalized special occasions of the century. Each of the San Francisco hotel's spacious guestrooms and suites have been elegantly updated including flat screen TVs, Frette linen ensembles, pillow top beds, and MP3 docking stations.In addition to its 591 guest rooms and suites this luxury San Francisco hotel offers fine dining with three renowned restaurants and lounges, as well as 55,000 square feet of spectacular function space. With a panoramic view of the City and the Bay from high atop Nob Hill, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an unmatched blend of luxurious accommodations, elegant meeting spaces and superb services, which make for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Stentorian NV, BookIt.com, Amex, Travelocity, Agoda, Otel, Fairmont Hotels, Jetsetter, Venere, Olotels, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.