The Fairmont is a very old-fashioned hotel - not a bad thing in itself and the lobby in particular is magnificent. The room was not big but was comfortable enough although I was woken a couple of times at 2am by noise in the corridor. The location is very central but walkers be warned it's at the top of a succession of very steep hills.
Other pros: Pleasant staff. Good if overpriced food in the Laurel Court restaurant.
Other cons: Expensive for what you get. Terrible and overpriced food in the amusingly kitschy Tonga bar.
Overall it's a good hotel and I enjoyed my stay but would possibly seek something cheaper if I were to stay in SF again - I think there may be better value for money to be found.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel
- Fairmont San Francisco
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-renowned, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a truly memorable experience. Known for turning moments into memories for leisure and business travelers alike this luxury San Francisco hotel has been host to some of the most influential meetings and events, breathtaking weddings and personalized special occasions of the century. Each of the San Francisco hotel's spacious guestrooms and suites have been elegantly updated including flat screen TVs, Frette linen ensembles, pillow top beds, and MP3 docking stations.In addition to its 591 guest rooms and suites this luxury San Francisco hotel offers fine dining with three renowned restaurants and lounges, as well as 55,000 square feet of spectacular function space. With a panoramic view of the City and the Bay from high atop Nob Hill, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an unmatched blend of luxurious accommodations, elegant meeting spaces and superb services, which make for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Amex, Tablet Hotels, Tingo, Otel, Venere, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairmont San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.