“Free Parking, Clean Rooms, Great Shower Pressure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Star Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Francisco
Star Motel
You added Star Motel to your Saves list
1727 Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA 94123   |
Ranked #191 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
A TripAdvisor Member
“Free Parking, Clean Rooms, Great Shower Pressure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2006

We have stayed at the Star Motel on at least 6 different trips to San Francisco. It is located in a good neighborhood (felt safe walking around with young daughter at night). The staff is always friendly and helpful. Rooms are always clean & the shower feels like a nice massage after walking around all day.

• Stayed December 2005

Business
los angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2005

The staff at the Star Motel quoted me a price of $90.00 and this place was recommend by friends. When I saw the Motel I thought it was a little over priced. (It was too late to book anywhere else)

I asked a few other guests what the price of their rooms were and most of them told me $70.00. I saw a walkin also get a price of $70.00.
They took advantage of me I'm very up set and I feel cheated by the STAR MOTEL.

I could of stayed in Union Square at any one of the Joie De Vivre hotels for the price I payed. Never ever stay there.

• Stayed August 2005
Menlo Park, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2005

Located in the Cow Hollow section of San Francisco, this motel is nicely located for excellent restaurants within short walking distance,longer walk to Ghiradelli Square and Fishermans walk,accessibility to public transportation.

The well-maintained rooms are larger than most motels, with separate closets, sturdy plastic coffee cups (not styrofoam) better-than-usual amenities, good maps and guides.

The front desk was genial and accommodating. Some of the free parking was under shelter. The price was reasonable by S.F. standards. A good budget choice.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2004

I normally stay from "motels" but this one had a very subtle charm to it. The rooms were clean, basic, and comfortable. Our coffe maker wasn't working, called the front desk about it and they sent over a replacement one withing 15-20 min. Good neighborhood since its on a major street but not noisy. Bargain rate for a great time.

Been to Star Motel? Share your experiences!