“Considering the location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel

You added Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Mason Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #112 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Bellevue, NE
“Considering the location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2005

We were there 4/9 - 4/12. Considering the location, it was easy to overlook the small imperfections. We should have had a pool view, but due to the construction, we had our doors covered with plastic, no light or view. (But the housekeeping insisted on opening it each day.) The beds were AWESOME! I slept like the dead and can't believe how great they were. They made the bed everyday and there were fresh towels and refills of the soaps if necessary. The coffee was also restocked. I think it was worth the rate...$110.00 for what we got. I have stayed in much nicer hotels in the past, but if you are going to San Francisco, you don't want to see your room. It is super close to the Wharf, and Pier 39, and the buses are cheap and convienient.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2005

Stayed there for 3 nights in March 2005.
Booked a nonsmoking king, received a smoking double....room looked like it had never been dusted. Very noisy room facing the busses. Bad housekeeping and frontdesk stuff.
not recommended

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2005

I stayed at the hotel in the middle of January and I picked this hotel since it was close to Fisherman's Wharf. My family reserved two rooms on the club floor and nothing was served on the club floor. It was no different from the other floors and I payed extra for the extra services. The rooms were connecting, but they were doing extra loud construction outside of the rooms. The hotel was not completely sold out so they could have put us on a quieter side. Another major complaint that I had was that the comforter was badly stained. I don't know what it was exactly, but who would want to sleep on a bed with nasty stains? I left a note on the bed for the housekeeper so they could change it, but when I returned it was left unchanged. The carpet was somewhat stained also, and the wallpaper was peeling (practically hanging) and it was not a great stay at all. One last thing was the front desk was very rude. The lady that helped us as we checked out was did not make us feel as though we were customers. She had a very bad attitude towards us. One of the worst experiences I have had staying at a hotel. I do not think they should even be apart of SHERATON because it will only bring the name down. I would not recommend this hotel to those that want a pleasureable experience.

• Stayed January 2005
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2005

I just read the review from the Brazilian posting on March 29th, and I was staying at the hotel the same time. The hotel was PACKED all week long. It was spring break, tourists everywhere, and there were children running around everywhere. The entire staffed was visiably stressed out. Australian teenagers (10-15 at a time) going to the front desk to literally ask for four quaters for a dollar. It was insane.

In light of the situatation, I can see how the staff let some things slip. I was there on business, and a little smile, a "how is your day going" or even a $5 tip for the concierge for being helpful made everyone relax a little.

The hotel is under construction. You're not going to get a view. Even without the construction, there is no view. You're not staying on the bay. It's a good location, if you're a tourist and walk to walk to touristy places. Business-wise, and cool neighborhood wise, don't bother. It's ALL about the tourists.

Rooms are pleasnt and spacious, the beds are SO COMFORTABLE, the gym sucks, the business center was not open at good times, the bar was good.

The staff was overwhelmed when I stayed there. Was the service good? Not really. They should have staffed up for the busy week. I stay at Starwood properties over other hotels, and this one was not on par with what I expect from Starwood.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2005

The Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in the US (and it is far from being the cheapest). We have been there from 3/16/05 to 3/19/05. They treat their guests in a very bad way.
Since I am traveling with my family, we asked for adjoining rooms, but even though the hotel wasn't full, the best they could give us was two close rooms facing a bus terminal. I advice you not to get rooms facing the buses because they are really noisy, even during the night. So we asked if we could change rooms the next day but no one answered or left a message for us.
People from the valet are not polite also, and parking in the hotel is expensive, $36 per day ($32 + taxes). There is a parking in a mall right in front of the hotel that charges per hour in a maximun of $25 per day.
The housekeeping was one of the worst things, since they didn't clean the rooms, they just made up the beds. We used the vine glasses and after housekeeping they were left the way we did. The same happened to the coffe maker.
We made one international call, and for three minutes we were charged $44!! The same call with a prepaid card in a public telephone costed $5.
The worst thing was the bellman when we were leaving. We called for someone to help us with our luggage and after 20 minutes and almost nobody checking in/out nobody came, so l went to the belldesk and asked again. After more 15 minutes nobody appeared, so I called again and the guy was very unpolite and told me that I should wait because he was alone. We were just so pissed off with this hotel that we got all our luggage from the room and put it in our car by ourselves. The bellman just kept talking in his cell phone and didn't do anything to help us.
The only good thing about this hotel is the location, it is 5 minutes walking to Pier 39.
I really disencourage anybody to stay in this hotel, it's really not worth it!

• Stayed March 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2005

Stayed here for a business/pleasure trip for three days the first week of March. Location is perfect for touristy stuff, within five minutes to Pier 39/Fisherman's Wharf/Ghiradelli Square. Got a Club Floor room for $115 per night with Starwood points upgrade. The breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres were a wonderful perk. I took plates of goodies to my room and ate at my leisure. Also, Safeway grocery store right across the street and Club rooms have refrig to keep food and drinks fresh. There is little need to buy expensive food out unless you want to. I had no problem with the construction work, but street noise (even on the fourth floor) is very loud at night. That is really my only complaint. Bring ear plugs if you are sensitive. Room was big and very clean. Rooms very insulated from noise inside the hotel. Bed wonderful. All staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2005

We have visited SF on two occasions and on both have stopped at this hotel.
The hotel is is a good location (in some respects) as it is very close to Fishermans Wharf, and the accomadations are reasonably good.

On the downside we had a few problems. One of them was that common hotel bugbear - people who let their doors slam no matter what the hour. This seemed to have improved by the time we revisited and the hotel had fitted better damping on the doors. Another problem was that as the hotel is only 2 or 3 stories high, you are never very far away from the street. In particular I would not be very comfortable on the ground floor especially as the area that the hotel is in is not the best. Noise is also a problem with one side of the hotel in particular being located adjacent to a bus depot and this was very noisy.

The hotel is not particularly cheap and parking is extortionate ($30 a night) so I would never consider stopping there if I had a car.

On the whole this hotel is OK and did not detract from our experiences in San Fransisco which we loved.

• Stayed June 2003

Been to Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel? Share your experiences!