“Excellent Upbeat Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel

You added Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Mason Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #112 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Upbeat Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf during a trip down the west coast of America. It's centrally located within the Fisherman's Wharf area and is close to handy mini mall with a supermarket, pharmacy and various other stores. There are some great restaurants close by, however would recommend that you try to find these yourself, as the hotel staff were always trying to 'recommend' restaurant's/eateries that they got commission out of. You can tell the hotel is a little old, however it has been refurbished and the rooms and quite modern and quirky. Rooms can be a little noisy as noise seems to penetrate from the halls into rooms, however all in all I've experienced much noisier properties. We did have a minor issue with the air conditioning in the room on one evening as it would not switch off, however their engineering staff came and reset it for us and managed to fix the control panel. Staff at reception always seemed to be friendly, and the free internet access in the lobby was quick and easy to use! We also spent some nights outside the lobby as they have an awesome little seating area with small fires and coaches that you can use while having a few drinks, using the internet, or just socializing. Overall we were not expecting much of the property initially, however were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Would recommend it to stay as long as you get a good, reasonable rate, however recommend that you ask for an outside street view room if possible.

Room Tip: Choose an outside facing room with a view however these can also experience soom street noise, so wo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here during a holiday in San Francisco.
The location is nice and convenient to lots of interesting things to see at the different piers, and a good amount of restaurants.
It was a short walk to trams/cable cars that would take you into town.
The beds were comfortable, and the room was kept clean, although it did seem somewhat dated.
The walls weren't insulated that great, thought I heard some noise from the room next to mine on some occasions, though it didn't particularly bother me as there was no noise when I wanted to sleep.
I was happy enough with the service, though I guess I didn't have any particular problems during my stay.
I didn't have any meals in the hotel, as I was quite happy to go exploring for food in other places nearby the hotel.
Whilst it wasn't particularly cheap, it wasn't that expensive either. I have stayed in worse hotels that cost me more.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel is in a good location near everything touristy and the bus stop. The service is average but they don't go out of their way to help. There was a blackout during my stay and there were no emergency lights in the stairwells and no note from Management was provided afterwards apologizing for the inconvenience.

The most disappointing thing is that they offer amenities but nothing included and all of the extras are expensive. The in-room wifi (daily or weekly rate), the breakfast ($26/day), the parking ($45/day), and even the requested mini-fridge ($15/day) are all additional costs. Be sure to factor that in the price when deciding on picking this hotel.

Noise: The hotel has gone through a renovation but it is still an old hotel. I could hear the guests in the room above walking and talking. Also, housekeeping starts knocking on doors at 9am and they aren't exactly quiet throughout the day, so forget about sleeping in or taking a mid-day nap.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Petoskey, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This cute hotel is not someplace you can stay for the next couple years. Apparently, the city is building a subway system all around this hotel right now. I am in an interior courtyard room and it is noisy. Furthermore, this is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel. The hallway outside in my room stinks of smoke. I suppose I could be a one time thing but since it's so noisy I'm Upset. I wouldn't stay here for the next couple years.

• Stayed April 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I found the hotel okay, and I got a decent price and thought I received a bargain. The rooms commensurate with what I paid. There are no refrigerators in the rooms, but most of all, the rooms reminded me of rooms in motels. The wall was thin too. Just an overwhelming feeling of underwhelming. The location is good, but parking is very expensive. The lobby has free wi fi, and you will find many people hanging around the lobby area. The common areas are decent, but the room itself is made for sleeping only.

Room Tip: Decent priced Sheraton, but you get what you paid for.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed here for couple of nights in January 2013, upon checking in the receptionist was very nice and and friendly and the lobby area is actually very nice and modern, so it was a bit of a shock when I made my way to my room. As soon as I got off the elevator, I felt as if I was in my old high school - but the floors were carpeted. The corridors were absolutely freezing and the staircases looked like high school. It was old and rickety, something that I did not expect from a Sheraton Hotel. I had to walk some way until I got to my room as one of the other elevators was broken. The carpet needs an update!

As soon as I entered the room, with the light still switched off and the light shining through the corridor, the bathroom walls looked like it was smeared with poo. I thought I was seeing things. Until I turned on the light and realised it was the design. Though, it is not the nicest thing to look at because all I thought about was, how much it looked like poo.

The room I had was very spacious, I had a big comfy double bed and also had a sofa. There was a sliding window/door, but it was rather rickety.

They have a cafe in the lobby and you can access wifi in the lobby for free, the lobby area is nice and spacious. They also have seating areas outside and they have enclosed fires in the seating area. It would be a nice area to chill and relax over drinks with friends but it was too cold when I visited to test that theory.

The hotel is just around the corner from shops and restaurants. They have a Bistro Boudin around the corner too. I would highly recommend visiting this place! I bought a sandwich from the cafe as the restaurant was busy and OMG, the sourdough turkey avocado is really yummy!!

There is also a 7 eleven for you to get drinks from, rainforest cafe, a lot actually, so you won't be bored! There is also a tour bus company in the area too.

If you wanted to catch the bus/tram into town to go to golden gate park, transport is really easy -there is stop right outside the hotel. The hotel is also near Lombard Street and the port that takes you to Alcatraz.

I didn't eat here, though did have some hot chocolate from the cafe, so I cannot comment on the food. Service was OK, I would consider staying here again if I were to visit but the décor is in serious need of updating - because the lobby and the floors above it do not match. It is like you're in a different hotel entirely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Murrieta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We were in San Francisco for a family wedding and took advantage of the group rate at the Sheraton. After reading some of the reviews here, we weren't expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised with our accommodations. I found the room to be clean, well equipped, and spacious. The bed was beyond comfortable and the staff helpful and pleasant. The fire pits along the entrance looked inviting and I left wishing we had had the time to enjoy a drink fireside. The bathroom was a tad small; it would have been an issue had we brought our children along. We flew into town and were very easily able to use public transportation (BART and streetcars) to get us everywhere we needed to go. The streetcar stop right down the block was most convenient. In addition, there are plentiful restaurants, shops, and attractions within walking distance. Leave your car at home if you can, because the parking rate is outrageous. Skip the pricey hotel breakfast and head down the street to The Hollywood Cafe. You'll get an enormous plate of deliciousness with a side of SF sourdough toast. Overall, a pleasant stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel? Share your experiences!