“Beware of the Bus Depot oriented rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Mason Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #110 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
Brussels, Belgium
“Beware of the Bus Depot oriented rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights on a vacation trip. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and tidy. The staff is professional and helpful. Only two negative points have marked our stay:
- the price for the breakfast buffet is rather high;
- our rooms were oriented to the bus depot on the ground level. A lot of noise during the night generated by standby buses. Also people talking while walking by on the street can be heard in the room, with windows closed.
A couple of years ago we stayed in the same hotel but the rooms were on the 2nd floor and not facing the bus depot.
Besides that, a great stay!

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the bus depot
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear FromBelgium, my thanks for taking the time to share you review of our hotel and for the 4-star rating. I was pleased you found our staff to be both professional and helpful and that you found our rooms to be very comfortable. I do apologize you were disturbed by street noise during your stay and encourage you to call us in advance of your next stay so we can reserve one of our upper floor or interior courtyard rooms which are ideal for light sleepers. Thanks again for the visit and we look forward to your return. Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Springfield, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Location is good and close to Pier 39 but rooms are tiny. I am not sure if I will go back there again.

Room Tip: If you don't mind tiny room and apartment like building, you will be OK
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Dear Anjum01, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind comments on our location and proximity to Pier 39. I am so sorry our room size was an issue, however all of our guest rooms are over industry standard sized rooms so I do apologize that you were left with a different perception. I hope you will return soon and I thank you for staying with us. Safe travels and warm regards,
Great River, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Rooms are clean and neat. Not much in the way of in-room amenities such as magazines but bathroom amenities are sufficient. Rooms include coffee and tea service. Front desk service harried but pleasant and attentive. Lobby is minimalist. Parking is an exorbitant $40.00+ per night - average for this part of town.

Room Tip: Use public transport or cabs when/if you can.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear SpencertheSpy, thank you for the 4-star review and your kind comments on our pleasant and attentive front desk staff and clean and neat housekeeping service. I hope you will return soon and we wish you safe travels and warm regards,
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here for business over 4 nights. Let me begin by saying that I enjoyed my experience at the hotel, even though I'm rating it as "Average". Check-in was completed quickly when I arrived at the hotel around 1:30pm. The receptionist asked me which room I would like and suggested that light sleepers should get an interior/courtyard facing room, which is what I was given. The hotel is only 4 stories so there's a bank of 3 main elevators that arrive quickly to take you up to your floor. There's a smart, bright cerulean design theme in the hotel which was appealing. It seems very much like the hotel has recently been renovated. Public areas appear to be clean and modern.
My room was on the 4th floor. It was around 300 sq ft. There was a true king-size bed. The bed was a wonderful Heavenly bed with 4 large pillows and a medium-weight duvet. I slept very well. The air conditioning was strong and kept the room cool, but I found it too nosiy to leave it on during the night. (It's not one of those whisper soft systems that you get at higher-class hotels.)
The bathroom was of adequate size with the sink separated from the toilet and bathtub. The closet is opposite the sink and it was an average size (not very large for travelers who are clotheshorses). I considered the toilet to be kid-size because it really was smaller than the average toilet one is used to. The bathtub did not appear to have been recently renovated. Bathroom toiletries were standard Sheraton ones - nothing special. Bath towels were not overly thick and soft, though they were adequate. Lighting throughout the room is bright when you turn on the many lamps. There is a single large window that brings in good natural light but I opted to leave the curtains down since the room faced other hotel rooms in the courtyard. The ceilings are very low, perhaps at 8 feet and they have the popcorn ceilings that were all the rage in the '70s.
I did not get to use the WiFi service. There's an outdoor pool which I noticed but did not use. I find outdoor pools to be window-shopping in San Francisco where summer temperatures rarely rise above 75 F.
My nightly rate was a little bit under $300 before taxes. The hotel is located near Fisherman's Wharf so it is not convenient for anyone on business needing to get to the financial district. These are the main reasons I rate this hotel as Average. If you can get a rate under $200 per night, this would be a 4-star hotel.

Room Tip: Across the street (on Mason St), there's a shopping center with a supermarket and drugstore.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear NewYorker03, thank you for sharing your review of our hotel and for your kind comments on our check-in service and comfy Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed; the most comfortable in the industry. I was pleased we were able to host your business visit and hope you can return soon on vacation. Take care and warm regards,
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I paid extra for a 3 person room, to ensure that we got two separate beds, being two male friends staying, however, when we arrived they said they only had one King bed rooms available. I asked if there were 3 of us would they expect is to all sleep in one bed, to which they replied one could sleep on the sofa bed. Very poor for a 4 star hotel.
The room we were given had a view of a dirty wall, so we asked to change for at least a room with a decent view given the poor sleeping arrangements. They said they would tranfers us to a room with a road view, but when we got to the room it was a view of the bus depot. We couldn't be bothered to change again, so we just stayed.
The bathroom was very small, with the sink area outside the bathroom, which was a bit unusual and not for the better.
It was, however a very good location and the rooms were clean and the concierge were helpful.
I certainly don't think it is worth the price, nor would I consider it a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Saiful_K, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your kind comments on our helpful concierge and hotel location. I do apologize you were looking for larger accommodations and encourage you to call us in advance of your next stay as we could reserve one of a variety of junior suites that would be ideal for 3 adults. Thanks for the visit and I wish you warm regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Close to everything recommended.
A little noisy but that is due to where it is.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear E-pottii, many thanks for the 4-star review and your kind comments on our location. I was pleased you enjoyed the visit and hope you can return soon. Take care and warm regards,
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The cleanliness of this hotel and its guest rooms did exceed my expectations. Then again, my expectations were on the lower side. Rooms were recently updated and very clean. Showers were a bit dated but did the job just fine. Beds were very comfortable, and I really liked the opening windows on the 4th floor.

Being walking distance to the wharf, Ghiardelli square and Wharf-Market street car stops was great. Truly an excellent location for tourists. I realize that San Francisco in the summer is expensive, but I don't think this place was worth the nightly rate charged.

Staff was friendly and courteous, but not enough of them at the front desk. They did not have express checkout and I waited in a line 3 deep before checking out. When another hotel clerk came out to the front desk area, he didn't bother helping the next person in line, but disappeared into the back office again. I get better service at check in/out at Hampton Inns and pay a 3rd of the price. Beef up the staff at the front desk, or initiate self-checkout, or both.

Room Tip: If you like fresh air - cool SF fresh air - request a room on the 4th floor. Most of them have openi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ilpiccs, many thanks for the review of your recent stay with us and for your kind comments regarding our friendly and courteous staff and hotel cleanliness. I was pleased you found our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed to be very comfortable and that you enjoyed our close proximity to Fisherman's Wharf and Ghirardelli Square. I do apologize you had a wait for checkout and will review your comments with our Front Desk team. We do offer self-checkout from our in-room entertainment system via the TV in case you will be returning to the area. Thanks again for the visit and I wish you warm regards,

Been to Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel? Share your experiences!