“Great Location, Clean and Modern” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel

You added Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Mason Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (Fisherman’s Wharf)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #109 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
“Great Location, Clean and Modern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed at the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf for three nights. We won the room on a Priceline bid and were placed on a first floor room. First the good: Well, the room was clean, modern and very comfortable. The not-so-good: We stayed down the hall (actually quite far) from the elevator and it had a loud buzzing sound. We mentioned it to the receptionist upon check-out and they immediately offered a complimentary buffet breakfast to compensate. It was good! So, overall, we were very satisfied. Don't park there... we were quoted $51. Find a public parking garage and pay $19 a night instead (you may have to cab there, but it's worth it).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Teacher_md, thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and many thanks for the 4-star rating. I was pleased you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. I do apologize you heard a loud buzz down the hall but was pleased our staff took good care of you in response to the disturbance. I hope you can return soon and I wish you warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Voorhees, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The hotel has one good point, it's location. After that everything is average. The room was clean. Somethings to be aware of: they charge you for separately for every wifi device that you connect, parking is $50 a night and there is no late night dining.

Room Tip: Be careful with your wifi devices.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sjerzelady_50, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind comments on our hotel cleanliness and location. For your future visits, we do offer late night dining (24 hours) in two area restaurants within one to three blocks from the hotel. Thanks for the visit and warm regards,
Redmond, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This hotel made me feel like I fell back into the 60's. It is a good location that has an outdoor pool. Parking was grossly overpriced at $45.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cathymccreary, thank you for your recent review of our hotel and your kind comments on our location and outdoor pool. You are correct the interior decor harkens back to the 60's. The aim of our recent $33 million renovation was to add a bit of seaside nostalgia to the overall design. I hope you can return soon and I wish you warm regards,
Brandon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Overall our stay was good, I really like the location, it's very close to Fisherman's Wharf which is nice especially at night.
What I didn't like is that there is no free wifi in the rooms. It's a pricey hotel and in cheaper hotels you get free wifi so I don't get why this is not included in the hotel rate. Oh and it's 2012, it's pretty normal nowadays that you get free wifi...
I stayed here together with a friend when we were visiting the city. The first room we got was on the street site and very noisy and we were told (at check-in) if it was too loud we could switch. We wanted to switch rooms and ended up getting a room at the court yard which was more quiet!! The switch didn't go as planned (luggage would be moved by the staff and another room would be available when we got back that night, which wasn't sorted when we got back...) but we got another room.
Rooms are clean, most staff is friendly.
I wasn't too happy with the lobby, the only place with free wifi. The athmosphere is a bit cold in the lobby and so is the temperature. It got pretty cool outside at night and with the doors being open the lobby got very cool as well so it wasn't very comfortable sitting there to relax. Oh and the bar closes at 11......

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the courtyard, they are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Teeppeltjes, many thanks for the 4-star review and for your kind comments on our location and friendly staff. I was pleased we found a quiet room location for you and do apologize for the cool weather we experienced during your visit. Our "June Gloom" here in San Francsico generally warms up in July and August and we are anticipating temperatures in the mid-70's most of this week. I hope you can plan a return visit soon and I wish you warm regards,
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed 1 night at this hotel as I was attending a conference nearby. A few points I want to mention:
- no club lounge! The Front Desk explained that they are designated as a leisure property and they took away the lounge. I was counting on the breakfast, drinks, and snacks.
- related to the above, the breakfast was very expensive (even for hotel standards) and the quality was sub-par
- the hotel was suppose to be renovated but you can tell the hallways are still very dated. For the rooms, the furnishings are newer but they did not replace the 30-plus years old heater/AC. It is very loud!
- the in-room wifi was very slow

Next time I am at the same conference, I think I will stay at my favorite Westin Market St, and just cab in the morning.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear David_YVR, my thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize you found the furnishing dated, however our recent $33 million renovation was designed around a retro-60's seaside theme. Thanks again for the visit and I wish you warm regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I loved the hotel very beautiful, modern, and hip. Great location. Great service. Very clean. The problem I had was that the hotel is set up like a corn-maze it and it was an ordeal in its self trying to get to our fourth floor room it is ia very confusing layout.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Brendan_P, thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel and for the 4-star rating. I was pleased you loved our decor, enjoyed the location and liked our cleanliness and great service. Our hotel is spread out over a full city block so the layout does have it's twists and turns. I hope you can return soon and I wish you safe travels and warm regards,
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Arrived and just thought I would ask any chance of a quiet room. Was not disappointed and given an upgrade how good was that. Ideally situated for Pier 39 and Fishermans Wharf. All the staff were very friendly and helpful especially if your out and about. The ladies that do in the morning always left our room clean and even changed the bed when we did'nt ask. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room. We did - no problem.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Barbara_A, many thanks for taking the time to share you experience at our hotel, and for the 5-star rating! I was very pleased to hear our desk staff took good care and provided an upgrade for your stay with us. I most certainly will pass on your kind comments to our staff, and in particular to our Housekeeping and Front Office teams. Take care, thanks for the recommendation and we look forward to your return visit soon. Warm regards,

Been to Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel? Share your experiences!