“Very Close to Fisherman's Wharf - Pier 39” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel

You added Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Mason Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #112 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Illinois
“Very Close to Fisherman's Wharf - Pier 39”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I will start with the pro's and con's. Pro's various pillow hardness, nice comforter and sheets- excellent bed. Staff very helpful and clean rooms. Close to the Piers. The facility is a lil older even though it has been updated. I have stayed at the Hyatt just down the road and it was much nicer in my opinion (excellent restaurant, nicer rooms, more modern). Stays in this area are expensive, especially if you need parking. You can call the concierge and shuttle from the airports at about $17- a deal! If you are a walker (I am) we walked downtown, China Town, Lil Italy ~20+ minutes depending on you pace or you can take cable cars.

Room Tip: I slept near the pool on the 2nd floor and away form the roads edge- it was fairly quiet compared to...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Illini94, many thanks for your review of our hotel and for the high marks for our staff service, cleanliness, sleep quality and location. I was pleased you enjoyed our very comfy Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and that you found our staff to be very helpful. Thanks for the tip to ask for a poolside view, which includes some of our best room locations. Thanks again for the visit and we look forward to your return. Take care and warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I like this hotel and it's in a great location in Fisherman's Wharf just a couple of blocks from Pier 39 for great food and the Aquarium. I like the bright 'beach property' decor and found the room well appointed and the bed very comfortable. The outside seating with fireplaces was very nice apart from the occasional pan-handlers.

I was here for business and would say this hotel is less suited for the business traveler based on a couple of areas: First my room was pretty noisy being close to a bus depot but also things like squeaky floorboards in the rooms above. More improtantly the WiFi in the room (no wired connection available) was extremely slow - so you won't be able to use GoToMeeting or WebEx or similar tools. I didn't try the free WiFi in the lobby as I needed it while on conference calls but the conference room WiFi was a little quicker. Beyond that I had a few nitpicks (e.g. the phone did not have a speakerphone and 1-800 charges started after 30 minutes vs. an hour in most other places I've stayed) but overall I still like this hotel.

Employees were freindly and helpful. I rated service 4 instead of 5 due to the wait at check-in.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the North Point St side if you can as the bus depot across from the hotel is n...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Dear Britfromtexas, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and for the 5-star rating for our cleanliness, sleep quality, location and value. I was very pleased to hear you found our staff to be both friendly and helpful. I am so sorry you were disturbed by noise from the nearby bus parking lot, however appreciate your travel tip for other readers to request an interior or upper floor room if a light sleeper. We are installing a new fiber-optic high speed WiFi system in a few weeks so the speed of our service will be increasing more than 10-fold. Thanks for the tips, and for the visit and we look forward to your return soon. Take care and warm regards,
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

As most people know, it is next to impossible to find an inexpensive hotel in a prime loation in San Francisco that is not a "dive". The Sheraton happens to be that next to impossible hotel.
Good:
Hotel was clean
Rooms were clean
Hotel is near all the main Fisherman's Warf attractions
Almost across the street from the end/beginning of the Trolley
Little cafe in the hotel that is open late and serves alcohol
Fun outside space at the hotel with fireplaces - LOVED THIS! Relaxing after a long day of walking and site seeing
Under $100 a night if you keep your eye out

Bad:
Rooms were a little outdated

I have stayed at a few hotels in San Francisco and this by far is the best! I will be stayign here again for sure.

Room Tip: Book early and look at the travel sites for the best deal.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Amuzedez, many thanks for the across the board 5-star review of our hotel. I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, our great location and proximity to all the Fisherman's Wharf attractions and that you liked our outdoor firepits and hotel cleanliness. Thank you both for the visit and we look forward to your speedy return! Safe travels and warm regards,
australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed a few nights here recently, wasnt massivly impressed at first look, but changed my mind as a saw the entire hotel. Rooms are renovated, quite nice but not super great. The King beds are excellent and very comfy. Service was very good from front desk to concierge. Very good location, excellent infact, literally a 100metre walk to hop on/off bus - which is great and a must do. Shopping and boat tours very close. I would highly recommend this hotel. The only one problem i had was the ceiling, you can hear the people above walking and running in rooms above, must have floorboards or something, not a huge problem but have never heard this in other hotels, otherwise very good all round, would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul_M, thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and many thanks for the 4-star rating. I was pleased you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms and that you found our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed to be comfy. I will pass your kind comments on our front desk and concierge service to both teams and hope you both will return soon. Take care and warm regards,
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

This hotel is pretty consistent with other chain hotels, however I would say it is a 3.5, not 4, star hotel (HotWire rated it as 4-star). We were happy and felt safe and the room felt clean. We loved the location on Fisherman's Wharf - perfect! For that, I can overlook the fact that I think it should be a 1/2 star lower.

Cons: room service is extremely expensive (skip that- $25 per person for a basic breakfast! +$5 delivery charge) and this massive hotel only has an entrance on one side of it- so you have to walk all the way around to get to your room. Once you are inside, you can walk for quite a while to get to your room, so if you are unable to do that, ask for a closer room to the lobby. Rooms seem to be fairly updated- more in terms of the art and furniture; the walls and trim seem to still be a bit banged up. Those are minor "cons" to me, so I would recommend this hotel and stay again.

Also be aware that if you ask the front desk the best way to get to the airport they will tell you to take their car service, not the BART, because the BART train takes 1.5 hours. Yes, the car service is more comfortable, but the BART takes 35 mns - not the hour and a half they will tell you. You can take a cab to the Embarcadero BART station for $9 (for 2 people) and then take the BART straight to the airport for $8.20 each. (About 50% savings vs. using the car service which is a $55 flat fee.)

Room Tip: The hotel is very large, so if you do not want to spend a lot of time walking through corridors to y...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Travel_And_Tell ... what a great moniker! Thanks so much for the 4-star review of our hotel and for your tips on BART service to and from the airport. You are correct the trip from the Embarcadero station to SFO is about 35 minutes, however we typically ask our guests to reserve approximately 1.5 hours as the F-line connector from the hotel to the Embarcadero BART station can be heavily traveled and take up to 40 minutes or more, depending upon the season and time of day. I am pleased you found our hotel to be clean and liked our recently renovated rooms. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to hosting your next visit ot San Francisco. Warm regards,
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I could not fault the location of this hotel at all; it is excellently placed for all the 'touristy' stuff you need.

We arrived after a long night flight & delayed transfer; luckily we were able to get an earlyish check-in. We had lunch reservations so definitely needed to freshen up. The member of staff on check-in were lovely & so helpful, even calling our tour company for the following days tour to ensure it was still on & to confirm pick-up details. She also gave great directions to all the areas we may have needed to visit; even warning of areas to stay away from.

The rooms were well decorated, with a great array of amenities. Yes the bathroom was small, but we didn't spend that long in the bathroom, preferring a fabulous night's sleep in the very comfortable bed!!

Free Wi-Fi in the bar & fire-pit area - I suspect this is to encourage you to buy from the bar! But it certainly met our needs, only needing to pay for internet for brief access to secure sites.

Overall, everything about this hotel met our needs & we would certainly stay again & recommend to others.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MrsJonesJnr, thanks so much for the across-the-board 5-star revew and for your kind comments regaridng our front desk staff service. I most certainly will relay your remarks to the team. We hope you return soon and enjoyed the rest of your visit to the States. Thanks again for the visit and I wish you safe travels and warm regards,
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton over a year ago and it is the best hotel experience we have had in San Francisco at that price range. Our room was clean and everything we needed was walking distance. Typically I don't like to stay in the super touristy places but it was my husband's first time and I thought it was better to go touristy. We enjoyed the outdoor fireplaces and sat out there drinking wine a couple of nights. Very enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Luca611, thanks for the wonderful review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am always pleased to hear when we make a great impression and that you had a relaxing, enjoyable time in San Francisco. Thanks for partaking by our outdoor firepits and we look forward to you both returning soon! Safe travels back to Charlotte, one of my favorite cities ... wishing you warm regards,

Been to Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel? Share your experiences!