“It was a great location and we got a great deal...we left to Napa and came back and stayed another few days!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel

You added Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Mason Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #112 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

It was centrally located around everything. People staying in the financial district had to take taxis to get down to where we were, just to have fun! We loved the fireplaces out front...which really came in handy because it was cold n rainy. The people at the front desk were so helpful and directed us with maps everywhere we needed to go!

Room Tip: Check out all the happy hours around the hotel!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Dear lizloy, thank you so much for your kind comments and for the across the board 5-star review of our hotel! I was very pleased to see you paid us a return visit after an excursion to Napa and that you enjoyed our outdoor firepits. I am happy to see you found our front desk staff to be helpful and that you enjoyed our happy hour martini and sushi menu. Thanks again for both visits and we look forward to your speedy return. Take care and warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The location was absolutely perfect, and for that reason I would recommend this hotel. Easy Walking distance to Pier 39, and the rest of The Wharf. Easy access to cable cars, buses , Alcatraz and other tourist attractions.

However, although the hotel's common areas were clean and bright they lacked any warmth. Our room was very comfortable, and linen changed regularly. No complaints in that department.

Whilst I did not expect a wonderful view, the view from the room was actually unacceptable, and I should really have complained at the time. We overlooked what I can only think was the air conditioning unit on the flat roof and it was filthy – seagulls regularly scavenging in the mornings. Not a pleasant sight to wake up to. Fortunately, we were not in the room for long.

In addition to this, the rooms faced each other around the flat roof and none of the windows had net or voile curtains . This gave a “full on view” into several windows. I will not go into detail but if the hotel reads this I would seriously check this situation out. We were not the only people to comment on the “evening entertainment”!! ;-)

I have to say I had fairly high expectations of the Sheraton and was disappointed. Did the above spoil my stay? Most certainly not. San Francisco is a wonderful place to visit, and we had an amazing time. Would I stay at the Sheraton again? Possibly, as it was convenient........but if I had a choice - probably not.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear MrsMichy, thanks so much for your review and the kudo's for our great coffee. I was also pleased you noticed the cleanliness of the hotel and you enjoyed our convenient location. I do apologize the room you were assigned had an unacceptable view for what you were expecting. Please feel free to call me in advance of your next stay so we can review together our various view options that may be more to your liking. We have a variety of views to choose from ranging from Alcatraz, Coit tower, poolside to quiet landscaped courtyards. I am pleased you found San Francscio to be a wonderful city to visit and that you had an amazing time here. Thanks again for the review and safe travels. Warm regards,
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

First impressions are vital for any business and even more so for hotels. Unfortunately our first impression was the evening porter standing behind the concierge desk, head down, texting on his phone and completely ignoring us as we struggled with 6 pieces of luggage.
After I said 'hello' he lifted his head and said 'welcome, just make your way over there to check in' then returned to his texting and offered no assistance.
On check in the receptionist showed no sign of a friendly welcome and also kept her head down as she passed me the room key in a robotic fashion.
The room was ok and the location great but all of this is pointless without a genuine friendly welcome.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Pompey7, I am so sorry you experienced service issues during your stay with us and was alarmed that one of our bell associates was texting when you arrived. Since I read your review a few days ago, I have personally met with our service team to reinforce our no-cell phone policy so this will never occur again. Our entire team was embarrassed to hear this took place and again our apologies for not providing the genuinely friendly welcome our all-important guests such as yourselves typically receive, as indicative from the majority of reviews on this website. If you do plan on visiting San Francisco again, please contact my office so I can arrange for an upgrade on your next stay to make up for our shortcomings. Again my apologies and our entire team wishes you warm regards,
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Location was great. Easy access to Pier 39, Trolleys, Street Cars, Cable Car and the rest of The Wharf. Hotel's common areas where decently done. The breakfast buffet was a little to expensive for us, but pretty good, so we only used it one morning when we had free coupons for it (International House of Pancakes is across the street). The room had a nice trendy/modern decor and was comfortable. The room should have a microwave and fridge in my opinion, for the price. I really liked the outdoor fire "pits" for socializing and meeting other guests.Our room didn't have much of a view, but I don't know if many hotels in the area do??? Overall I think it was a good choice for the price we paid (about $190/night). All the staff members we encountered where extremely nice, professional and helpful.

Room Tip: You could ask for room with a view but good luck.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Donkey79, thanks so much for your recent review of our hotel and for the 5-star rating of our service, cleanliness and location. I was pleased you enjoyed our easy access to Pier 39, the MUNI historic trolley line and, of course our world famous cable cars, all within a few blocks of our hotel. My thanks for your kind comments on our staff and I was very happy to hear you found everyone to be extremely nice, professional and helpful. Thanks again for your visit, safe travels and warm regards,
Leyburn, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

If it's faceless that you're after - here it is

If you are looking to hide in corporate facelessness and can do without charm, warmth and a restaurant then this is your dream hotel. With idylic views of a bus station and the cheerful sound of racing motor bikes to keep you awake this is one of SF's less charming hotels. If you are on holiday avoid it like the plague and opt for something further downtown - Nob Hill looks a good location to stay if a little pricey.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Itguitar, thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our area of San Francisco. I was distressed to see you did not enjoy the Fisherman's Wharf district and prefer Nob Hill. I apologize you were disturbed by racing motor bikes during your stay with us and hope you will reconsider staying with us again on your next visit to the city. My apologies we did not meet your expectations and I wish you safe travels and warm regards,
Gold Canyon, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Bright and clean hotel minutes from the Wharf. When we came back from a dinner with leftovers they offered to send a complimentary small refrigerator to the room. I've stayed here several times and will keep going back.

Room Tip: Call directly with your request
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Dear VintageJourneys, your recent review of our hotel is much appreciated. Thank you so much for the 5-star rating and your kind comments on your service experience. Your repeat business is important to us and we look forward to your next stay. Thanks again, safe travels and warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed for 5 nights in early June. It was a very noisy experience to say the least. Our room faced the bus park over the road and every day we were woken by the sound of reversing buses!! The window also leaked quite heavily when it rained and also let in quite a draft. The windows need replacing!! The concierge team were very knowledgable, friendly and helpful (especially Thomas). A great location, but then again there are many other hotels in similar location...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear EnglishRose_001, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and many thanks for the kind comments regarding our friendly and helpful concierge. My apologies you encountered issues with the window in your room. We are in the process of checking all the rooms in that section of the hotel to find the window you are referring to in order to affect the necessary repairs. I do apologize this marred your perception of our hotel and invite you to contact me upon your next visit to our area so I can insure you are assigned an upgraded room. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to your next visit. Warm regards,

Been to Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel? Share your experiences!